noob C&C

Apature

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello.. Just bought my Canon XSi and thought I would share the first Photo I took.. And thoughts and opinions appreciated.. Just keep in mind that I am a total Photography Virgin..lol

This is a photo of my step daughter...

KathrinePic.jpg

Nice photo.
Have you done any photo manipulation to it? The vignetting works well and I like the bokeh effect in the background....
Joe

I like the composition and the focus on the eyes. I also like the "twinkly lights" in the upper left. I don't like the flyaway hair just above the head on the left side.

I like the composition and the focus on the eyes.

Funny, I was going to comment how I find that the eyes are not sharp.

Composition is nice though and the processing is ok. I find there is too much vignetting going on though. The upper right portion has the vignetting mixing in with her hair to make one bigger black area. I would of liked to see a bit more definition up on that corner so that her head stands out more instead of melting in with the vignette.

Hope thats making sense.

Not too shabby. It's got an old fashioned feel with some grittyness, if that makes sense.

I like the composition and the focus on the eyes.

Funny, I was going to comment how I find that the eyes are not sharp.

Hope thats making sense.

I think you're right. Perhaps I meant, more specifically, I like how the eyes are the focal point of the image, considering they have the highest contrast in the smallest area of space, but they could be sharper. In fact, being sharper would intensify this effect.

Most reactions

Back