Not my usual fare - 4th of July

WhiskeyTango

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My typical posts for C&C are people shots, so this is a change of pace. Mind you, none of these are intended to be "high art," lol, but they're the best of what I shot last week in Mackinac.

Feel free to C&C, or simply enjoy (or grimace) and move on. :)

$20120704 Mackinac-001.jpg

$20120704 Mackinac-002.jpg

$20120704 Mackinac-003.jpg

I honestly love them all! I like how you tilted the 1st one (very creative) and I'm jealous of the 2nd one ( I'm terrible at landscape photos).

I wish I would have gotten a firework shot like that lol
It was my first time shooting them and I definitely think I was too far away. Also, I was unfortunately on the side where the wind was blowing towards so I got a TON of smoke (which is why there are glares the color of the fireworks in the sky). Wasn't too happy with the light streaks on the bottom from the boats either.

Attachments

• $IMG_0504.jpg
    $IMG_0504.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 122
For number 1, I can see what you're trying to do here, but I'm having trouble understanding it. I really like tilting but just be careful and think twice of why you're using it

For number 1, I can see what you're trying to do here, but I'm having trouble understanding it. I really like tilting but just be careful and think twice of why you're using it

I'm glad you liked it :). This is simply a case where I found the "un-tilted" image... bland... I prefer the tilt. In this particular case, it was done in camera, but I took several other shots with a flat horizon.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back