Not work safe... Cherries

93rdcurrent

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.timlorphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I love this artwork. I can't wait to photograph more of it when there is more color done.

Attachments

• $©Cherries copy.jpg
    $©Cherries copy.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 232
Lovely subject. Would you mind giving some detail to your lighting setup?

My personal suggestions:-

- Use a black or at least plain background, I find the patterns to the left competing with the OOF tatts on her back.
- Softer light, get it big and get it in close. This will help smooth the skins complexion.
- Bracket your DOF, I like the way you have isolated your subjects, the cherries, with a very shallow DOF. I also think the shot would work very well with a deeper DOF.

Of course these are your creative decisions, just providing another point of view.

I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Thanks Rhubarb, I appreciate the comment. The shot was impromptu and the room was actually dark I have a Nikkor SB-26 which I used to bounce the light off of the wall. I was using my Nikkor 28mm lens with the aperature at 2.8 or close to it if I remember right. I was handheld and doing the shot from very close up. I agree about the background but like I said it wasn't a planned shoot. We are going to be doing another series and we were already planning on using a black background. She has quite a bit of artwork on her back and arms as you can see. As she gets more color work done the I will be shooting more.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back