Now I lay Me Down To Sleep...

MatchlessArts

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Just a few images I shot tonight to show some of the things I see on a day to day basis. Hope you enjoy everyone

6217333771_c888b4d67d_b.jpg

6217851598_06c9b0363d_b.jpg

Facebook Page: Benjamin Vilina.Matchless Arts Photography | Facebook

Wow! I love your photos! How long have you been deployed?

#1 Awesome! I would try to make the haloing around the hat more subtle though
#2 Maybe a tad underexposed, the arm placement feels unnatural to me (probably because it is initially unclear he is resting his arms on his knee.

Keep up the good work!

These are both very powerful.

I like the darkness of the second with the light shining on the arm and hand representing faith, hope and strength. I think this is a great picture.

I have never seen anything like the first picture and the emotional impact to me is all the greater. I'm sure someone with much greater ability than me can help you with some technical pointers, but for me I just want to say that I have rarely seen an image with such an immediate and powerful effect. Thank you and keep on recording these awesome images.

Not what I expected based on the thread title.

There is a group called Now I lay Me Down To Sleep in the US. They offer to take, at no charge, portraits of babies that were still born or who are not expected to leave the hospital alive. I can't think of anything harder to do.

Now back to your shots, I like them both, but the first one really does it for me.

Keep shooting and keep you head down.

Bruce

Very cool shots, know you must have some kind of branch paper, I would forward it to them , never know. Air Force Times, Army Times etc.
-
Shoot well, Joe

Your best yet IMHO. Very nice work.

Most reactions

Back