NYC!

MotorPsycho

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
My buddy and I were sitting around his apartment a couple of weeks ago, looking through the tour dates of a band we've both been fans of for years. I noticed that at one of their shows in NYC, they were playing with their original singer, but it was going to be the only show he was playing on the tour

I told him, "I'd give a n*t to see that show." He said "lets go." I got someone to cover me at work, and an hour later, we started the 700 mile (one way) trip to NYC.

During the 2 days we were there, we had the opportunity to visit some of the sites, camera in tow, of course. I've got nearly 300 pictures from the trip, and I haven't had nearly enough time to sort the bad from the good, but here are the first 3 that have been post processed.

As always, comments are always appreciated. Especially about color, contrast, focus, framing, general impression, etc.

Also, in an effort to look at my photos with a more critical eye, post whether you would consider each a "proffesional quality" or not. Be honest, your not gonna hurt my feelings.

1)
NYstatueliberty1NET.jpg

2)
NYcophorseNET.jpg

3)
NYstevesubNET.jpg

Thanks for looking

I like the subway photo, it gives that "true newyorkan" feel!

I like all three for the tones, contrast and sharpness. #2 stands out most to me though... very sharp b&w photo! :thumbup:

Actually I like all three of them, the first shows me an angle of the Statue of Liberty that I have never seen like that before, and I like how it stands out against the clear blue sky. Also I like that very clear division of lawn and "rest" in that one.

The second is very good, but why on earth did Horsey have to put his head out of the frame in that very moment!?!? ;)

The third is really great. As a sucker for vanishing point photos, I cannot but love this one, and the fact that this person follows (or directs?) our view towards that vanishing point - with a vanishing subway train on top of it - enhances the effect so much.

So is it ok to take photos in NYC subway stations?
I will ask about what is ok to photograph and what is not now as often as I can, I'm afraid - in preparation for our trip over in April, you see?

LaFoto said:
The second is very good, but why on earth did Horsey have to put his head out of the frame in that very moment!?!? ;)

my thoughts exactly. if i was really on the ball, i woulda taken a few more here before i moved on.

LaFoto said:
So is it ok to take photos in NYC subway stations?
I will ask about what is ok to photograph and what is not now as often as I can, I'm afraid - in preparation for our trip over in April, you see?

i dunno, i had my camera on my back the whole trip, i just walked down there and started snapping pictures... infact, i think i grabbed a few right infront of the teller. No one ever said anything to me...

I even took a bunch in front of the stock exchange, which had the tightest security of any place i was at. Lots of NYPD standing around with M16's and such.

The sheer amount of things to take pictures of in NYC is astounding. It's almost like material overload at times, and I didn't even scratch the surface while i was there.

Thanks everyone for the comments so far, keep them coming...

bada gora said:
i have one question.....what band?

The Queers - a punk band out of Mass.

Oi! one more

NYtorchNET.jpg

I love New York.
I like, specially first and third. In first I like much the point of view, and in second, I like everything. The effect of movement of the train, and the color, is incredible. The other photo that you have down but, in black and white, is very attractive. Great work. Greetings from Spain.

Amo Nueva York.
Me gustan mucho, especialmente la primera y la tercera. En la primera me gusta mucho el punto de vista, y en la segunda, me gusta todo. El efecto de movimiento del tren, y el color, son increibles. La otra foto que tienes mas abajo, en blanco y negro, es muy atractiva. Gran trabajo. Saludos desde España.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back