What's new

Oak Leaf Reflection

nerwin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jan 31, 2015
Messages
4,355
Reaction score
3,194
Location
Vermont
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am so proud of my self for taking this shot. I've been planning this shot for a long time and I finally nailed it! I've been wanting to get a shot of a oak leaf in a puddle with its reflection. But I could never for the life of me find an oak leaf. But I did today and there was a puddle so I setup my shot and starting pictures.

Nikon D610 + 70-200 f/4 VR
180mm, 1/500th, f/5.6, ISO 400

Is it perfect? Nope. But it's close enough for me!

Erwin-180301-19067.webp
 
I am so proud of my self for taking this shot. I've been planning this shot for a long time and I finally nailed it! I've been wanting to get a shot of a oak leaf in a puddle with its reflection. But I could never for the life of me find an oak leaf. But I did today and there was a puddle so I setup my shot and starting pictures.

Nikon D610 + 70-200 f/4 VR
180mm, 1/500th, f/5.6, ISO 400

Is it perfect? Nope. But it's close enough for me!

View attachment 154464
Beautiful!
 
Patience and planning has paid of with an excellent image.
Congrats.
 
Not perfect but 99.99999999% is pretty darn close. Well done.
 
A bit of a nitpik that while I gave it a "Winner's" tag, I might have given it a tad more DoF so the folded edge of the leaf was a bit more sharp. This would have given the reflected areas a little more "omph!"
 
A bit of a nitpik that while I gave it a "Winner's" tag, I might have given it a tad more DoF so the folded edge of the leaf was a bit more sharp. This would have given the reflected areas a little more "omph!"

Yeah I realized that after. It was a compromise though because there was distracting elements behind the leaf and if I gave more DOF, it would've made the background more messy.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom