Oceanside Pier, frustrated please C&C.

EIngerson

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Last edited:
It was a bad night to shoot once the marine layer came in unless you caught some of the light shafts offshore around 4:30. I was just south of you at South Ponto.
The first one is good because there is more light, The second is underexposed, the last over just by a bit.

But there really wasn't any interesting light tonight and you can only make due with what you had.

Here's some when there is better light
Cuz Black & White Kicks Ass

I caught a couple of the light shafts coming down. I haven't processed them yet. Maybe I'll get a keeper out of the bunch, but I was really let down by the marine layer. LOL. I wasn't prepared to change gears and it threw off my thought process. Thanks for looking backwards photographer. LOL

I like the first one. Aside from the exposure, I think the composition is better.

What is a marine layer and what were you hoping to get instead?

I like the first one. Aside from the exposure, I think the composition is better.

What is a marine layer and what were you hoping to get instead?

Marine layer is basically a cloud/fog that roles in on the west coast with cold fronts. It makes it hazy and pretty harsh to shoot in.

I'm not pleased with the sharpness. I shot from a tripod (055xprob) mirror lock up and 10 second shutter timer. I'm wondering if F/22 was some of the cause.

On the #1 shot, I'd crop out a portion of the rock to make it less bottom heavy and balance it a bit more.

Electrical lights look good only when the natural light is low... the only problem i felt was the excessive natural light which buffer the effect of those bulbs.... but the shot from the other side looks more interesting probably because natural light is low....

I attempted darkening the image a bit....

It was like this

Thanks GeorgieGirl and Frequency, I appreciate it.

You tried a black & white version? To me, the main issue is the mixed white balance going on with the ultra yellow lamps and ultra blue sky.

You tried a black & white version? To me, the main issue is the mixed white balance going on with the ultra yellow lamps and ultra blue sky.

I did after I read this, but the reason I wanted the shot was the color. Thanks for looking.

Most reactions

Back