Off Duty | Dense Fog Warning | The Beach

I like it. A LOT, but then I'm a sucker for fog.

Thanks! I'm a sucker for fog images too.

Jake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the shot, but it feels a bit too dark.
Was the grain added in post?

The grain was added in post. I wanted to leave it dark to maintain the moody atmosphere of fog. Was I heavy handed?

Jake

To me it's too crowded. I had to work to figure out the background and then if it was foggy or just beyond dof. I think backing out a little and then rearranging just a little to separate the seat from the rocks.

it don't look right. I don't know why. Just don't. I think it is because the life guard thing is too crisp against the back ground, which is just gone. No gradual dimensional depth into the fog. And the tones are all straight gray seeming. Also the subject is a little dull. It would work fine if there was some depth, some dimension into the fog. But it just kind of sits there. It might have been from your post processing. What did the sooc image look like? Perhaps just a wrong tweak? As deeky mentioned too, crowded. I am thinking he means the pole on the left shoved up next to it, as there isn't much else in the frame. That really don't help either.. Wider shot would have probably helped. it is boxed, with no background basically, off balance.

Hope it doesn't sound to critical, but since you seem to want to go pro, there ya go... jmo

Last edited:
actually reminds me of looking off a mountain peak more than a beach. Think it is the drop off of the ground and that cloud thing looking like it is floating by.

Most reactions

Back