Oh War........

Chiller

Mental case
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
......its been done before. These shots were taken at a park near the Memphis zoo. I am not sure what this momument is for, but I will be there again in July, so I will find out then. All were taken with an Olympus 2.0 MP point and shoot.

The first one is with a little help in PS>

P4020220a.JPG

P4020215a.JPG

P4020217a.JPG

:hail: these are just awesome...great shots...these have such great composition... i love the first one with the back ground all stormy and vibrant...it looks like smoke around the soldier...these are just very very moving...great great shots...!!

the last one with the flag under the gun, that is so moving....

Very cool shot that first one.
I might go with B&W on the PS rendered clouds jus so they're not so PS looking if you know what i mean.
Neat angle on the second and nice graphic quality with the contrast on the statue.
Third one is lacking the punch of the first two due to the busy BG.

Nice shota all in all.

Thank you John3eblover, Aprilraven and Jonk for your replies.
Thank you also JonK for the advice. I have tried the first one in b&w and it looks really cool.
The clutter bothered me in the last photo too. I would have just liked to have the statue and the flag. When I go back in July, I am taking my rebel so I will have more options.
Thanks again.

the first is my fav! i really like your choice of angle; and that sky, wow! :thumbup:

Is the first one with the cloud filter out of photoshop? I'd like to see it with the normal blue sky like in the second one, which I quite like, looks like a sentry

Thank you JonMikal and Tempra.
Yes Tempra, I used the cloud filter, and just picked a "rust" colour and white. I was going for that war look. The original with the blue sky looks kinda neat to. Thanx again.

Very nice series. I really like the texture in the first shot.

>i guess it doesnt matter what kind of camera you have as long as you have >talent

This is true to a good extent and these are definitely great photos. But these pics are also a good example of why you want a good camera. If you look closely at the edge of the profile of the statue and trees you will see some 'fringing".

That being said, great job on these shots Chiller. The first is my fav...

Peter

Most reactions

New Topics

Back