Ok, does this make anyone mad?

xxx_jpk_xxx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm watching an episode of Wife Swap (I know, I know :lol:) and they combined two completely different families. One is the typical sport-loving die-hard American family (their super egotistical son does wrestling and nothing else at all) and the other is the typical artsy-fartsy family (the parents own their own coffee shop, one of their sons is in a screamo band, their kids can draw on the walls in their rooms).

Now what I'm raging over is the fact that the sportsy family is absolutely ignorant. They are probably the most stuck up people I have ever seen. They think that their way of life is the only way of life. Now don't get me wrong, I have NO problem whatsoever with sports or people who do sports, but sometimes the people who are in that crowd are just so conceited and ignorant. That also goes the same for people in the artsy crowd.

The sport loving family makes their son do wrestling. His life is DEVOTED to wrestling. He is up from 4 in the morning until 11 at night exercising and wrestling and doing things devoted to wrestling. Now there's no problem with that, but what bothers me is he keeps making knocks on the artsy family and how they're all "sissies" and how he "beats those kids up for acting like 'women'" just because they don't do sports. Now I find it funny that he says that, because from what I've noticed, wrestling is pretty much surrounded around putting your face in another guys junk :)lol:). The dad in this family keeps talking about how he doesn't even want his son to even look at a guitar because playing guitar is for "wimps". I probably don't even need to touch that point because I'm sure you guys see where his logic doesn't work.

I'm actually going to stop there (I only want to bring up what I find absolutely out of line). Sure, they can live their lives how they want, but that gives them NO right to give artsy people crap (unless it's going both ways).

Sorry if that was way too long, but that show made me angrier than I've been in a while. I want to hear your guys' opinions on this. And yes, I'm aware that this might turn into a pretty controversial thread (;)), but if you have something to say, say it.

meh - just remember these shows always look for the most strange families they can find -- and if they can't find them then they pay actors to play the part of them ;)

*pushes jpk into a locker*

:lol:

And Overread, I forgot about the whole actor thing. I mean, it was a little overdramatic. I'm not angry over it anymore, though. I distracted myself by editing some more photos. :lol:

I've always just stayed out of the jock crowd though frankly I was a total nerd in high school and for giggles I joined the wrestling team my senior year (I sucked but it was fun) There is actually fairly little of the junk in face stuff and a lot of getting the crap beaten out of you (whether you win or lose). The only sports people like that are the ones that are pushed into it by their parents and their parents foster that attitude.

I did all sorts of sports when I was younger, and I noticed that a little too. But it was fairly common with what I had seen. Probably about 25% or so of the sports crowd I associated with were like that. I just don't like the fact that people can be so ignorant. I'm open to pretty much anything, as are most of my friends.

I did say pretty much anything. :)

meh - just remember these shows always look for the most strange families they can find -- and if they can't find them then they pay actors to play the part of them ;)

Kinda like Jerry Springer, Dr. Phil, Oprah, Dr. Oz, that news show with that hot chick; Kelly..something, and like t.v. in general? Yah, unless there is a good ass show on like a history channel documentary or Paranormal State....tv sucks. I hate it.

I'll COMPLETELY misquote something I read on apug... "I love to watch a TV, fall from a second story window"

THat is one of the only episodes of that show I saw. I actually wanted to hit the artsy parents. They were total pieces of apathy and self centered egotistical b@st@rds. They were too busy living their lives to even raise their children. But toh families were screw ups but at least the wrestler kid had discipline. The others were just dredges to society.

THat is one of the only episodes of that show I saw. I actually wanted to hit the artsy parents. They were total pieces of apathy and self centered egotistical b@st@rds. They were too busy living their lives to even raise their children. But toh families were screw ups but at least the wrestler kid had discipline. The others were just dredges to society.

I feel that both families were at fault. The artsy family didn't have enough dicipline, but the sports family had a little too much. I was only bugged by this episode because it's amazing how ignorant people can be.

It is hollywood. Their mission is to get as many people to watch so they will do whatever they can. I personally dont watch anything "reality".

Stuff is all fixed in my opinion.

Last edited:
I don't usually watch it, either. My mom was watching it in the same room as me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back