Ol Rusty Truck Series

Jaymz77

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just a few shots I took this old truck I walked by this morning and went back this evening with the tri pod. All C&C is appreciated!

1:
front_01.jpg

2:
inside_01_bw.jpg

3:
front_02.jpg

Thanks for looking!

C&C per req:

1. A really nice image. I very much like the composition, however it seems that the LH side is a little soft. I think it would also be improved with a more even overall exposures.

2. Nice.

3. I like this image, great composition and exposure, but the background really detracts from the overall quality. I think this one either needs a different angle, or a much shallower DoF (But then it's a Ford, so does it really matter? ;) )

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

Thanks John, I have to agree on every point you made. After getting home and tossing them through PS, I have decided I want to re-visit this one. I appreciate your comments!!

I like them all, but they all could use a little bump in contrast I think.

I think 3 has some potential though. I hope you don't mind, but I played with #3 a little bit. The truck is a little crooked so I straightened the picture out (but that caused the sides to be cropped a little tighter). Then I cropped the top out and added some contrast.

Photo removed. I agree that it looks better with the truck un-leveled.

It's kind of a tradeoff of having the truck leveled or the building in the background leveled. Personally I think you're better off going with the truck since it's the main focal point.

If you want me to take my edit down, just say so and I will.

Edit: Also, I think #1 is very nice and would look great with a bump in contrast to make the rust stand out and pop against the chrome.

Last edited:

I think 3 has some potential though. I hope you don't mind, but I played with #3 a little bit. The truck is a little crooked so I straightened the picture out (but that caused the sides to be cropped a little tighter). Then I cropped the top out and added some contrast.

front_02.jpg

It's kind of a tradeoff of having the truck leveled or the building in the background leveled. Personally I think you're better off going with the truck since it's the main focal point.

Edit: Also, I think #1 is very nice and would look great with a bump in contrast to make the rust stand out and pop against the chrome.

I disagree on the leveling of the truck. Its old, rusted, and broken down... Having it not level helps put forth the beat up feel of it.

Nice shots OP, Always hurts me though to see old vehicles like this with the cancer consuming it.

I disagree on the leveling of the truck. Its old, rusted, and broken down... Having it not level helps put forth the beat up feel of it.

Nice shots OP, Always hurts me though to see old vehicles like this with the cancer consuming it.

Good point.

Excellent subject. You captued it well. :thumbup::thumbup:

Photo removed. I agree that it looks better with the truck un-leveled.

I didn't get a chance to see the edit but I do agree with bumping the contrast, I think I am going to go back tonight for a re-shoot and try to eliminate the ugly building in the background.

Thanks Parkerman! I too agree with seeing old vehicles going by the wayside since they just don't make them like they use to.

Excellent subject. You captued it well. :thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks Chiller! I apreciate it! I hope to get some better angles tonight.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back