Old American Iron

emptypockets

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I found this abandoned truck sitting in a small town near me and couldn't resist snapping a shot of it. I tried this selective color edit and am not completely happy with it. Any thoughts on what I could do to improve it?

Truck.jpg

couldn't resist snapping a shot of it.

And, unfortunately, that's exactly what it looks like.

There does not appear to be any effort at an interesting composition here. It is taken from normal eye level, as if someone was "just walking by and snapped a shot". Plus, it takes a special shot for selective coloring to really work, and this ain't it. I'm not a fan of the over-saturation/HDR look, either.

Good find, go back and take some more shots :)

Thanks for the comments. I'm going back to take more pictures in the next few weeks. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to choose another angle as where this was taken, there's a hill. This was shot while on my knees at least, but the hill negated that.

Rusted trucks like this are all about the detail in the metal (well, it is to me). I would get in close and isolate some areas of the truck to make interseting shots with great textures.

Get in close, and get your subject off of the center

You should've moved in closer and got all the details. The framing and angle isn't very interesting. And you created a tangent point with the end of the truck and left border of the picture, which is a little bit distracting. You can do without the selective color, it isn't adding anything here. Go back and try to get some interesting angles and more close up shots, Im sure this truck has so much character to provide.

Most reactions

Back