What's new

Old train station.....: )

photo gal

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Feb 4, 2005
Messages
6,539
Reaction score
153
Location
Planet Carolyn..Cool place....you should visit!
I just found this in my old files and wanted to share it.....it has some special meaning to me....as this was the town my mother was born in!



medium.jpg



Thanks for lookin' : )
 
Wow I really love this, the contrast between the main building and the other behind is awesome, almost glowing!!
 
I like it! :thumbup:
IMO it's a little too soft though.
 
To my mind, the dreamy character goes well with this since it is a place that evokes some special emotions inside you, right (as you are saying), so this softness and glow that you added (?) to the photo might well represent your wonderings about what it was like for your mother to be in this place as a child, right?

I see in how far this very motif could be treated all differently. It also offers itself to harsh contrasts and a pinsharp look. But I think this was not in the plan when you took the pic?
 
LaFoto said:
To my mind, the dreamy character goes well with this since it is a place that evokes some special emotions inside you, right (as you are saying), so this softness and glow that you added (?) to the photo might well represent your wonderings about what it was like for your mother to be in this place as a child, right?

I see in how far this very motif could be treated all differently. It also offers itself to harsh contrasts and a pinsharp look. But I think this was not in the plan when you took the pic?

To tell you the truth Corinna, I did not use any post treatment at all on this shot.....I did however use an orange filter on the camera when I shot it in b/w....The almost etheral look to it did represent a lot of the emotion I was feeling and still feel when I look at it. I think you might know that my mother passed away in august of last year and so it means even more to me now especially knowing that she actually played here as a child. Thank you so much for understanding what this means to me Corinna, I appreciate it more than I can say! :hugs:

Thank you so much for you comments Becks!:hug::

Chris if you want to play around with it please feel free to do so.................Thank you........:D :hugs:
 
It's a neat little place. I also thought that there was maybe a diffused glow added? But I like it :)

Pictures are always more special when there is a story to go with them.
 
The softness adds a glow to the highlights, which gives it a near infrared quality. It's a beautiful image, just as is. I love the deep shadow (still showing detail) and the stark, empty sky. :thumbup:

I'd be thrilled with this one, girlie. Aside from the emotional pull you must feel when you see it, it's just a beautiful little shot. :)
 
terri said:
The softness adds a glow to the highlights, which gives it a near infrared quality. It's a beautiful image, just as is. I love the deep shadow (still showing detail) and the stark, empty sky. :thumbup:

I'd be thrilled with this one, girlie. Aside from the emotional pull you must feel when you see it, it's just a beautiful little shot. :)

sniff sniff......you actually made me cry Terri!!!:hugs: :hugs: A good cry though! Thanks so much!

thanks to you too woody!!!:hugs:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom