Peanuts

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.brittanyesther.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
get set... go!

Well, I haven't had the oppurtunity to take my 'own' photos for at least a month or two, so I saw this as a perfect oppurtunity to avoid studying for my last exam - in addition to build on finding my 'style'. Any critiques would be much appreciated :) ( I will note that it is unfortunate I cut off his ears in the third.. oops)

WideCanvasjpgsmalltpf.jpg

You have a style of your own, ive seen many of your photographs woman!

I love this concept, Im not too hot on the first 3 on the left but I ADORE the one on the right! It might just be the lack of focus, I know it was what you were going for but I just feel like I want to see a little more beyond the blur.

Top notch chick! LOVE the editing too!

Thanks for the comment Karalee :) I can see where I would need to make my intention a little more prominent in future attempts, as it must be a little too easy to overlook the 'bones' in the first three
Though just the walking up part in and of its own is a great new idea.. thanks for the inspiration :D I do believe the laundry room is my new found 'studio'.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to respond.

Peanuts said:
Thanks for the comment Karalee :) I can see where I would need to make my intention a little more prominent in future attempts, as it must be a little too easy to overlook the 'bones' in the first three
Though just the walking up part in and of its own is a great new idea.. thanks for the inspiration :D I do believe the laundry room is my new found 'studio'.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to respond.

I think the little bone treats do the trick. It's like they are there for the taking all the time and we are seeing the dog getting nearer to them. It's a nice concept. Yes, maybe the 3 dogs out of focus coud be in different stages of out of focus. Anyway, I like this attempt. Very creative!

pascal

Very creative. Maybe give it a try it with a little more DOF.

Agreed on the increased DOF - why I didn't do that at the time is beyond me. I should have bumped up my ISO and therefore received at least a stop or two extra. Hmm.. I ended up adding grain in PP anyways. Crumb.

Thanks Flash Harry, Puscas and Big Mike!

I wouldn't change anything either. I think of it as a composite of a dog walking his way into sharpness to reach the dog biscuit. Very cool image.

I Love this - perhaps a slightly bigger bone - but delightful work.

gr8 snap this is for me...I like the blur in the left three...
probably, a sharper rightmost alongwid the blurred remaining area in the left wud hv broghut a gr8er impact...

Thanks Dpez, Tammy, fmw, danalec and russrom.
I am still playing around with ideas from the suggestions on how this can be better executed, as I am actually thinking I might get a print on canvas as a late gift for myself when the kinks are worked out. :)

dat's nice...yah, sure gift it to urself...

IMO, it wud look good on canvas...just i wud hv liked the rightmost 'life-element' to be in sharpest focus...

Most reactions

Back