One and done.

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well the home town team got back to the play-offs and got to host a game. But unfortunately, that is all and just like that their football season comes to an end.

Not sure if I'll shoot anymore football this season, have to see about the weather and a couple of other things.

1)
Jenks_Mustang 279.jpg

2)
Jenks_Mustang 450.jpg

3)
Jenks_Mustang 465.jpg

4)
Jenks_Mustang 646.jpg

5)
Jenks_Mustang 689.jpg

6)
Jenks_Mustang 941.jpg

Well done as always! How many images do you think you come home to sort through from each game?

Nicely done, sir. As expected.

Thank you John.

Thank you @Katomi.

Well done as always! How many images do you think you come home to sort through from each game?

Thanks Jazzie. I usually come home with anywhere from about 800 - 1200 images from both cameras during the night. From this game, after a quick run through and deleteing some in PhotoMechanic, I have 882 to make a second run and select what I want to process.

@ronlane Wow! That is a LOT of images to sort through. Thanks for answering my question.

No problem. I've been told that I don't shoot as much as most sports photographers do for a game. (I've heard around 1600 images a game.) It's all about the workflow. I use Photo Mechanic to quickly go through them to decide what to edit and then that narrows it down a lot. I may have 5 images in a sequence for a play and only process 1 maybe 2 most of the time. Then you have the out of focus, or a ref gets in the way or it's just not a good photo.

Honestly, it is easier to edit than event photography. Because I find that I second guess event photography and want to keep all the shots that are in focus because someone MIGHT want it.

@ronlane Wow! That is a LOT of images to sort through. Thanks for answering my question.

A funny reason for using a slower camera. :D
When I shoot with my mirrorless at 18fps, I shoot at least 2x and up to 5x what I normally shoot with my 6fps dSLR.
As Ron said, when you shoot a sequence, all you want is one or two of the shots, not all 36 (in a 2 second burst).
Depending on the sport, I will slow down the frame rate on my mirrorless, so that I don't have to sift through so many pictures.

When I shoot with my mirrorless at 18fps, I shoot at least 2x and up to 5x what I normally shoot with my 6fps dSLR.
As Ron said, when you shoot a sequence, all you want is one or two of the shots, not all 36 (in a 2 second burst).
Depending on the sport, I will slow down the frame rate on my mirrorless, so that I don't have to sift through so many pictures.

I know your emoji is laughing but for me the fps isn't about how many can I take. It's about the time between images. at 6 fps, 10 fps and 12 fps of the cameras that I have shot, I still shoot about the same number of burst shots on a play. There are exceptions, like a long run where the guy hurdles a defender, there I shot like 14-16 frames.

As you said, it is about that 1 or 2 or maybe 3 images. The less time between frames to me helps if your timing is just off on the peak action.

I know your emoji is laughing but for me the fps isn't about how many can I take. It's about the time between images. at 6 fps, 10 fps and 12 fps of the cameras that I have shot, I still shoot about the same number of burst shots on a play. There are exceptions, like a long run where the guy hurdles a defender, there I shot like 14-16 frames.

As you said, it is about that 1 or 2 or maybe 3 images. The less time between frames to me helps if your timing is just off on the peak action.

TOTALLY AGREE
At 18fps I was frequently getting the shots that I use to INfrequently get; the tennis shot with the ball on or very close to the racket.

I would love to do that in the gym for the volleyball spiker, but I NEED a fast lens.
f/2.8 at ISO 6400 just does not cut it, too much high ISO noise (on the Olympus).

Most reactions

Back