One for C&C

Raizels

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took this with my good ol' P&S.
I know I cropped out the top of her head, but somehow I don’t mind.

100_9118-2.jpg

C&C per req: I don't mind the cropped top of her head on it's own, but combined with the tightly cropped sides, it gives me an almost claustrophic feeling. It may be my imagination, but the whole image seems slightly soft, and I would like to see a little fill-lighting for her eyes. A reflector to provide some catchlights would really improve this image.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

That's a lot of noise in the hair for ISO 245 (ISO 245? *shrugs*)

Perhaps try a flash or more natural light as it seems noise is introduced very quickly on your camera.

C&C per req: I don't mind the cropped top of her head on it's own, but combined with the tightly cropped sides, it gives me an almost claustrophic feeling. It may be my imagination, but the whole image seems slightly soft, and I would like to see a little fill-lighting for her eyes. A reflector to provide some catchlights would really improve this image.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John
Thanks for the comment. I did sharpen it a bit in GIMP, but didn't want to ruin it. Oh well.
I wasn't going for claustrophobia, that's for sure :lol: but I did want it to appear close, like she's looking right at you.

Perhaps try a flash or more natural light as it seems noise is introduced very quickly on your camera.

I though I had enough natural light, guess not. What ISO would you use?

To bring the face a bit more into proportion, maybe try backing off and zooming in a little.

I did zoom in. We were sitting in a bench, with her sister sitting between us. Hence the angle :)

I though I had enough natural light, guess not. What ISO would you use?

The ISO depends on the camera. On your camera I am surprised to see noise at such a low ISO. On most digital SLRs, people don't worry about ISO until it goes over 800. On my camera, I can use 3200 before the noise is obvious. I guess in getting to know your camera, if you don't have direct light you will be introducing some noise.

Direct light = natural? flash?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back