One of my first pictures

imagemaker46

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
imagecommunications.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
As some of you know I've been shooting a long time, over four decades. I found a copy of one of the very first sports pictures I ever shot. It was pro football from 1969, I found it in a 1970 magazine I bought on ebay. My Dad handed me a camera, I had one roll of film, and he said "don't waste it" I ended up having 6 shots published from the first roll. This is the only one I have found. I thought it was ok for a 13 year old, manual focus Nikon.

Pretty cool! I love the look of those facemasks! Good moment of action.

Not bad. And I thought you had some early stuff on your website (at least some of the hockey players looked pretty young, Andy Moog was a baby).

Hi Scott,

Do you know the teams - how much have their uniforms changed over the years if they are still around?

Hi Scott,

Do you know the teams - how much have their uniforms changed over the years if they are still around?

I know the teams. There are only nine teams in the Canadian football League, all but 2 have stayed the same. Montreal's team folded and came right back with a new name for a couple of seasons. Ottawa, the team I work for has folded twice. They were the Ottawa Rough Riders, that's who they were in this picture. The team folded in the 90's, came back in 2001 as the Renegades, folded a few years later. The new team RedBlacks, is in it's second year and one win away from the Grey Cup(Canadian Superbowl) The uniform colours have changed on some teams, styles have changed, logos have changed. I've been team photographer for all three Ottawa teams. The problem they have always had was ownership, the new team is very stable and should be around to stay.

Hi Scott,

I know the teams. There are only nine teams in the Canadian football League, all but 2 have stayed the same. Montreal's team folded and came right back with a new name for a couple of seasons. Ottawa, the team I work for has folded twice. They were the Ottawa Rough Riders, that's who they were in this picture. The team folded in the 90's, came back in 2001 as the Renegades, folded a few years later. The new team RedBlacks, is in it's second year and one win away from the Grey Cup(Canadian Superbowl) The uniform colours have changed on some teams, styles have changed, logos have changed. I've been team photographer for all three Ottawa teams. The problem they have always had was ownership, the new team is very stable and should be around to stay.

My wife is from Saskatchewan and of course her family (particularly her brother) are big Rider fans. I'm not sure if I have ever seen her brother without a Rider jersey on. :)

Oh, and boy did the Riders suck this year. Two years removed from the Grey Cup.

Very cool

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Love football pics from way back, this is cool!

Most reactions

Back