One of my first portraits

Antithesis

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.epanderson.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm just playing around with some PP and practicing for some weddings that are coming up this summer. The original image was just kind of an informal snapshot, but I liked the unposed look of it. Obviously, most portraits would have a little more prep in terms of make-up and clothing. Let me know what you think.

2413637701_70e4b05239_o.jpg

i like the DOF on this but woa on the P&P...looks like fake tan gone wrong

I'm using a laptop, it might be horribly uncalibrated. I'll readjust the colors. I have my monitor set to AdobeRGB I think as well, weird.

Wow, I just reopened it in PS after doing a monitor calibration and the color has gone completely mad. It is like neon orange, repost in like two minutes.

That was so strange, it was totally haywire. Fixed it though, any better?

much better, still pretty saturated, background is pretty much blown out

much better, still pretty saturated, background is pretty much blown out

Yeah, I was shooting in the shade with the sky behind her. I dont personally mind that it's blown out. I've been looking at some other peoples work, and there are some amazing pictures out there with blown out skies, they are just used correctly. Mainly in wedding photography though.

I need to start looking at my pictures on another computer or something, the skin tones look pretty natural on this comp.

Nice for a first portrait. The blown out background is a bit distracting and the eyes are just a bit overdone. Otherwise it looks okay... good focus, her face is nicely exposed.

I really like it. I like the extreme blurred background and her striking eyes. Very fun.

To my mind, you dodged and sharpened the eyes too much - while they are supposed to be the first we should look at, they ARE the first I look at but with the feeling of "something's wrong, in no face there are eyes THIS sharp, white and shiny". What all had happened to the skin tones in the course of time I don't know, but what I see now looks about right...

Nice look and good choice on the wide aperture. The blown out sky is a mild distraction but not as distracting as the oversharpened eyes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back