One of my son

Rummie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Just a quick one I took of my son.
IMG_7172.jpg

Not sure why this one got noisey like it did? Although I really like it.

Because it is underexposed and shot at ISO 800.
The sensor is reacting to the bright light bouncing off the chair seat.

Yah this one could be a lot better with a lower ISO and compensated by some flashes or a smaller f stop

Ive been trying to stay away from using full auto, I guess I just wasnt set right, when I was playing in P AE...thank you though I will keep those suggestions in mind..

Forget the exposure issue for a minute. Try to think through what you were trying to show with this picture and whether a picture from this angle, even a well-exposed one, would do it.

It has been my experience that the best pictures convey something more than just one view of a subject, they convey some meaning or emotion. That is why I tell any new photographer (who asks me what they should take pictures of) to not take pictures of their loved ones or things that are inherently beautiful. In the beginning most people can't separate their own emotional connection from the feelings the picture alone should convey.

To you this will be an emotion-filled picture of your dear son looking down at his book; to someone else it will be the back of some little kid's head.

Lew

The Traveler- well said, I will remember what you said.

MarcP- Im still trying to learn f/ stops and apr.

When taking general pictures, say; birthdays, christmas, etc., is it better to run with full auto mode?

Id say slowly over time once you learn stuff and know what to use in different situations, you will stray from Auto and more to M

Most reactions

Back