One of those nights.

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not sure if it was just Friday the 13th or what but it was one of those nights were I was frustrated all night and didn't feel like I got anything good captured in the camera. The solution, go over camera setting and changes made, review images and reflect on what you could have done to improve and finally be ready for next Friday nights game.

1) A catch even if it is almost the other side of the field.
Edmond SF 0143.jpg

2) FUMBLE!

Edmond SF 0195.jpg

3) I really like the helmets, still trying to get a close-up of the center strip of these.

Edmond SF 0527.jpg

4) The was a little back-up after a punt.

Edmond SF 0572.jpg

5) A little hurdling practice.

Edmond SF 0580.jpg

Still good Ron. I thought about you yesterday when Alabama's N. Harris made his 42 yard touchdown run against SC. He bulldozed through one, shoving him out of the way, hurdles another, and broke the tackle on another. What a photography opportunity for those guys on the sidelines.

Maybe not your best set, but still pretty damn good and I suspect that 99.9% of TPFers would have been very happy with that result!

Still good Ron. I thought about you yesterday when Alabama's N. Harris made his 42 yard touchdown run against SC. He bulldozed through one, shoving him out of the way, hurdles another, and broke the tackle on another. What a photography opportunity for those guys on the sidelines.

Thank you. Yeah I saw some stuff yesterday that would have been nice to be on the sideline to photograph.

Maybe not your best set, but still pretty damn good and I suspect that 99.9% of TPFers would have been very happy with that result!

Thanks John. I think I have the issue sorted out. Took some setting advice that effected my buffer and I wasn't getting the fps rate that I'm used to. So I felt that I was missing the peak action. Went back and tested the adjustments and get the FPS back and go from there.

You know that never ending search to get better in camera and it backfired on me.

Lesson learned

Ah, so Friday the 13th was why I had a FUBAR.
I forgot to raise the ISO on my Olympus as the sky got dark. So, I was shooting at ISO 1200 rather than 6400, and thus shooting 1/60 sec rather than 1/400. :( Interesting motion pics, but I would rather have them sharp.

I raised the ISO in the Nikon, so I had some pics.
I need a checklist to go through periodically, so I don't rely on my memory, which is obviously unreliable.

I forgot to raise the ISO on my Olympus as the sky got dark. So, I was shooting at ISO 1200 rather than 6400, and thus shooting 1/60 sec rather than 1/400. :( Interesting motion pics, but I would rather have them sharp.

I need a checklist to go through periodically, so I don't rely on my memory, which is obviously unreliable.

HINT: Auto ISO and limit the top end.

Funny, I was thinking about turning on Auto ISO, but decided to go manual.
On the EM1-mk2, I can set a floor/low shutter speed where the Auto ISO starts to go up.
Next time Auto ISO with a 1/400 sec floor.

Funny, I was thinking about turning on Auto ISO, but decided to go manual.
On the EM1-mk2, I can set a floor/low shutter speed where the Auto ISO starts to go up.
Next time Auto ISO with a 1/400 sec floor.

BTW, on the EM1-mk1, the Auto ISO has an auto floor, of 1/FL x 2, but only in mechanical shutter mode.
There is no way to specify a floor speed. So it can drop the SS to below what is appropriate.
Worse, the e-shutter has an Auto ISO floor so low that it is DUMB, 1/13 sec. SS had to drop to 1/13 sec before the ISO starts to go up. :eek:

Most reactions

Back