One photo of a MINI.

Chad Truss

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This mas my favorite shot from a group I did with a MINI Cooper. I shot this one very early in the day at about 6:30 AM so that I could get the light right since I don't have lighting equipment outside of what the camera has.

Please feel free to comment. Thank you.

2881034500_21af12eb30_o.jpg

Nice, the lighting looks pretty good

nice use of the lane divider as leading lines I like it.

I loved doing this shoot. I am going to be sure to get out this summer and shoot this car again.

Thank you for all the compliments.

nice shot, really beautiful, and liked the lighting
but wouldn't be better to be NOT centered, or this rule doesn't go with every picture??

nice shot, really beautiful, and liked the lighting
but wouldn't be better to be NOT centered, or this rule doesn't go with every picture??

Well, the rule of thirds is a great rule to follow. I know this car is close to the center, but the point of focus was that front wheel which is following the rule of thirds.

I think thats why this photo works even though the car is pretty close to centered in the frame.

At least that is my guess.

There is no rule against having the subject in the middle of the frame... Just always having your subject in the dead center.. gets boring.. and old.

The shot of the Mini works. I like it a whole lot.

What lens are you using?

There is no rule against having the subject in the middle of the frame... Just always having your subject in the dead center.. gets boring.. and old.

The shot of the Mini works. I like it a whole lot.

What lens are you using?

That photo was shot with my Nikon D50 and the cheapy 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 kit lens.

I am excited to get out and shoot again once it warms up because I have since upgraded to a Nikon D80 and the 18-135mm f3.5-5.6 lens.

That photo was shot with my Nikon D50 and the cheapy 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 kit lens.

I am excited to get out and shoot again once it warms up because I have since upgraded to a Nikon D80 and the 18-135mm f3.5-5.6 lens.

Yea, I shoot with a D40... my next upgrade will be to a D700.. which I am currently saving for.

You did a good job with the kit lens... I generally still use mine a good bit if I'm not using my 60mm.

I love cars, and would love to take more pictures of them... But it's something that I like so much.. I would be afraid of messing the pictures up.. haha... if that makes sense. I know what i want and how i want it to look, but I'm never sure if I can get it there.

Most reactions

Back