One shot for C&C Please

ecnal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lancewilkinson.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What do you think? I wish the sky had more (or any!) clouds in it, but we can't have it all.

bKhVb.jpg

It's really hard to take it in as a whole at this ginormous size. You might think about resizing for the web so that it fits easily on folks' screens.

First thing I notices is that you've got quite a bit of sensor dust you'll need to deal with. You can "heal" these in post until you get your sensor cleaned.

The horse's nose and ears are cut off, and I think it would be a lot better to include them. Turning the camera and shooting in a portrait oriented position would work well for this. In landscape, as shot, it trades the horse's features for a lot of empty space on the left, which I don't think is such a good trade-off in this case.

The color and detail are nice.

buckster your browser doesn't automatically size it down?

I'm not Buckster, but it is sized down for me.
BUT, I usually click to view the pics larger and this one is huge when you click to resize.

C&C for the pic.
Nice detail, and the sky (while cloudless) is a nice rich blue.
I would like to see the horses whole head. The crop is not flattering.
That horse needs a bath STAT :lol:

The color and detail are very good. Not being able to see the whole horse's head however, kind of ruins the shot for me.

buckster your browser doesn't automatically size it down?
Not in the thread structure of the forum it doesn't, I'm afraid. If I take the extra steps to right click on it and open the image on it's own outside the forum it does re-size if necessary.

I'm using Firefox 3.5.3 on 24" widescreen monitor.

EDIT ~ I got it now. A setting in my options on the board. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the C&C! It was a spur of the moment thing - I was on the beach and three horses came trotting by, obviously had been splashing in the water. I asked if I could grab a quick shot.

I only had my 55-200mm on me, just didn't get far away enough.

You think the horse is dirty here, you should see it before I healed out a bunch of mud from her face!

Most reactions

Back