One, Two or None?

You forgot to add the option of both.

I like the colors in #1 the best, but I prefer the composition and the sharpness of the flowers in the second.
I think I'd like #1 better if the flower were not right in the middle of the frame, but rather along the right side rule-of-thirds vertical line, so that it would be closer to the edge of the photo, but "swaying" INTO the photo.

The second is my favorite, but I do like the rich colors in number 1.

I prefer the first for a couple of reasons. The second has a lot of reflection from the leaves and the water which decrease saturation. Also, like many two-flower compositions, it is not that interesting - too much symmetry perhaps. In the first, I might crop a bit off the top and I agree with the comment about how the flower should be bending in towards the center, but this isn't a major defect to me.

I like the colors in 1, they are too washed out by the reflections in 2. Everything in 2 looks like it has a reflection. I am huge on bright, vivid colors personally
(the flower in 1 is VERY bright. Almost too bright. I love it.)

Last edited:
I like the first one better, but would like it more if it were cropped a bit tighter and more to the lower right, since that the way the flower is pointing. Like both though.

I like the colors in #1 the best, but I prefer the composition and the sharpness of the flowers in the second.
I think I'd like #1 better if the flower were not right in the middle of the frame, but rather along the right side rule-of-thirds vertical line, so that it would be closer to the edge of the photo, but "swaying" INTO the photo.

Thank you sm4him.....
You are right; the first one has compositionally bad elements

Regards :D

Most reactions

Back