Onward!!

RVT1K

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have no idea what the driver was pointing at.

000_7371 - Copy.JPG

Jeff15

Photographizing junkie!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'll race you to the corner...... :smug:

Space Face

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Think he was saying 'there's the line a quarter mile up there. Eat my dust.'

Great pic of great cars.

Space Face

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just looked at this again on my wide screen PC. That yellow thing is awesome. Beautifully caught too.

I don't get much mpg out of my muscle car but I shudder to think what these things get. Worth every penny tho.

OP
RVT1K

RVT1K

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just looked at this again on my wide screen PC. That yellow thing is awesome. Beautifully caught too.

I don't get much mpg out of my muscle car but I shudder to think what these things get. Worth every penny tho.

That "thing" would be a first-generation Corvette. But I suspect it really is a replica shell mounted on a tube chassis and a fully dedicated race car. I never did scrutinize that one in the pits to verify but I would be very, very surprised if that was a stock chassis.

It would be funny to calculate fuel economy on something like this. It would be more like how many passes can I get out of a 5 gallon fuel cell?

Space Face

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
That "thing" would be a first-generation Corvette. But I suspect it really is a replica shell mounted on a tube chassis and a fully dedicated race car. I never did scrutinize that one in the pits to verify but I would be very, very surprised if that was a stock chassis.

It would be funny to calculate fuel economy on something like this. It would be more like how many passes can I get out of a 5 gallon fuel cell?
A mate of mine imported (from Florida) a 1972 Corvette Stingray T Top. Beautiful cars. I saw his for the first time a week past Sunday. Some machine.

OP
RVT1K

RVT1K

Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
A mate of mine imported (from Florida) a 1972 Corvette Stingray T Top. Beautiful cars. I saw his for the first time a week past Sunday. Some machine.

My dad had a '71, it was an original 454 and it had T-tops, too.
That car got turned into a drag race car, it was bought with some engine problems and was originally "just going to be a fast street car". That didn't last... It took a few iterations but, in the end, the car had narrowed rear frame rails to hold the Ford 9" rear end, wheelie bars, a full roll cage, and a very heavily worked 454. It ran 10.30's at around 135mph in the 1/4 mile.

Most reactions