What's new

Opinion needed

jocose

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 16, 2005
Messages
3,059
Reaction score
118
Location
dans la pissoir
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took these at my friend's Halloween Party, and I've been looking at them and looking at them. They were taken (obviously) in low light, with no flash, and no tripod. Slow speeds and my shakey hands don't usually go well, but I just can't decide if I like these or not.

I've seen a bunch of you do some really cool pics intentionally keeping things out of focus, so I just don't know if these are good or not.

Anyway, I'm looking for good, honest, strong constructive criticism. But bear in mind I wasn't actually going for this look. If they look good, then I would love advice on how to recreate the effect.

Thanks as always.

IMG_3339.jpg


IMG_3342.jpg


IMG_3346.jpg
 
Ok, well, I don't like the pictures themselves. I really dont want to be offensive or anything, its just that i don't think the pictures are anything. BUT, i do like elements of the pictures. For example: in the first one, the guy's hand is blurry, giving the effect that he is moving his hand, which i think is cool. Maybe if you could get someone to stand still and just move their arm or hand back and forth as they smoke that cigarette. Also, in the last one, (and the first for that matter) i like the blur of the cigarette cherry.

Not-so-hot-pictures, good elements. Awesome. Keep it up with the cigarettes though
 
no offense taken. I personally like the pics, but I know what's going on...they aren't wonderful shots, but they are good experiment shots.

Thanks for the comments!

Keep em coming.
 
jocose said:
no offense taken. I personally like the pics, but I know what's going on...they aren't wonderful shots, but they are good experiment shots.

Thanks for the comments!

Keep em coming.
I would agree - good experiments. I think the second image is the strongest, because it's got better focus, and the costume is funny with that pose and cigarette. :thumbup: The third is "almost" there, just a bit too much movement for me. :)
 
thanks for the comments. I appreciate your input.


But I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed that no one noticed that the halo is hanging over his head unattached--I photoshopped out the headband :lol:

Oh, and if anyone is interested, his costume is "the Angel of Sex," Death's lesser known brother. He apparently is the angel that greets you and bestows earth-moving sex...not religious experiences, because that is the Big Man himself, but just the earth-shattering stuff, that's the Angel of Sex.

Yea, my friends are a little sad, eh?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom