Other pictures I could have sent to the fair...

padrepaul77

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are some other options I could have used that are probably a little better than the guy taking a nap...any thoughts? Two are of the fair; two are from Two Harbors, MN. I think the better one is my sister looking out into the lake. Any suggestions on how to make these better?
-Paul

Attachments

• $IMG_2602.jpg
    $IMG_2602.jpg
    354.2 KB · Views: 119
  • $IMG_2651.jpg
    $IMG_2651.jpg
    335.4 KB · Views: 127
  • $IMG_2127.jpg
    $IMG_2127.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 110
  • $IMG_2120.jpg
    $IMG_2120.jpg
    337.2 KB · Views: 139
4th one is definitely the best (this was your winner). The only problem I see is that it's centered, I think using the lower third as your horizon line would have helped a little.

1. Nothing of interest in the photo really, what is the subject?
2. Not bad, I like the longer exposure on it.
3. Subject is blurry and the sky/water seem a bit washed out.

4th one is definitely the best (this was your winner). The only problem I see is that it's centered, I think using the lower third as your horizon line would have helped a little.

1. Nothing of interest in the photo really, what is the subject?
2. Not bad, I like the longer exposure on it.
3. Subject is blurry and the sky/water seem a bit washed out.

Hmm, the fourth one with the boat you mean? Yeah, that is nice...I think I just wanted the people on the pier and the boat going by. It was Indian Summer; the last warm day of the year and Two Harbors is a place many people vacation to in this state. My mom, who has an artistic mind and is quite a good painter, seemed to like the one with my sister looking out to the lake.

I actually had people vote on the pictures; there are some others I'll probably include in another thread too. I am auctioning off the fourth one as part of a charity fundraiser - hopefully someone will want it.

Thanks for the tips - I'm just am amateur guy who likes to find interesting subjects. For "people photography", please come to the Minnesota State Fair. It is an oasis of great shots.

I agree with NOYZE that 4 is your best. But the centeredness of it does not bother me. Changing it would mean too much sky or too much water imo.

I like 3 just the way it is. The fact that it is OOF gives it a weird look that makes it interesting. If it was in focus, I don't thing it would be quite as interesting. But I can't imagine too many people liking it.

1 and 2 don't do any more for me than the one that was rejected.

Keep shooting and showing. It is the only way to learn.

Most reactions

Back