What's new

Our Farm and gardens at sunrise, which is best? For a poster at the Farmer's Market

How many movie posters have you seen in a horizontal format...? 0 is the correct answer and it is why #3 is also the right answer. Just my quarter's worth.
 
A farmer's market isn't a movie.

I like #1.
 
It's for a poster; it is for an exhibition of a product; it is therefore best presented vertically. My dollar's worth. :wink: This is getting expensive.
 
Most posters I see at farmers' markets are hung on the front of the table or behind the seller. Horizontal looks better on the front of the table. If it is behind the sellers, chances are the farm itself will be not as easy to see since it's so low in the frame.

Sorry, I'm a teacher and too poor to hand out money :)
 
#2 shows the garden, but the plastic row cover is distracting.

That might be a floating row cover, which is often used to protect plants naturally from harmful insects instead of using insecticides. It says 'organic' and I would definitely go with this photo.

It's a beautiful and scenic farm. Good luck!
 
Most posters I see at farmers' markets are hung on the front of the table or behind the seller. Horizontal looks better on the front of the table. If it is behind the sellers, chances are the farm itself will be not as easy to see since it's so low in the frame.

Sorry, I'm a teacher and too poor to hand out money :)

I am a retired teacher, therefore I need it more. :wink: I've only been to one "real" farmer's market and can't say I saw any posters there....but at one time in my life I did do movie posters (color matched large transparencies for the movie houses). It is my only reference.
 
#2 is amazing.
 
Most posters I see at farmers' markets are hung on the front of the table or behind the seller. Horizontal looks better on the front of the table. If it is behind the sellers, chances are the farm itself will be not as easy to see since it's so low in the frame.

Sorry, I'm a teacher and too poor to hand out money :)

I am a retired teacher, therefore I need it more. :wink: I've only been to one "real" farmer's market and can't say I saw any posters there....but at one time in my life I did do movie posters (color matched large transparencies for the movie houses). It is my only reference.

Fair enough, I'll give you your dollar back ;) Cool deal about the movie poster gig. Sounds like fun.

Most farmers' markets probably won't have posters at all, but it depends on where it is and maybe how often it runs. I've been to my fair share (I'm a vegetarian, make my own yogurt and bread, do lots of dehydrating of veggies...farmers' markets are right up my alley!) and some are definitely fancier than others, especially the ones that include other vendors that aren't farmers (local bakeries, wineries, cheese-makers...) or ones that might be bigger but less frequent than every weekend.
 
I've in the final stages of building a raised bed garden and two hotboxes. I haven't clue one as to what I am doing, but I read and research well so figure sooner or later, something edible will appear. Reasonable growing period as I am in a Zone 8/9 with but a brief winter cold snap, and almost equal amounts of spring, summer and fall.
 
#2 shows the garden, but the plastic row cover is distracting.

That might be a floating row cover, which is often used to protect plants naturally from harmful insects instead of using insecticides. It says 'organic' and I would definitely go with this photo.

It's a beautiful and scenic farm. Good luck!

Yes the row cover is used to prevent insects from going on the plants, birds from eating the seeds when we first sow them and they keep the soil and plant warmer. As far as the direction of the poster, landscape or portrait are both ok. I find the discussion interesting and it makes me see the differents points of view. Enriching conversation, thank you.
 
I've in the final stages of building a raised bed garden and two hotboxes. I haven't clue one as to what I am doing, but I read and research well so figure sooner or later, something edible will appear. Reasonable growing period as I am in a Zone 8/9 with but a brief winter cold snap, and almost equal amounts of spring, summer and fall.

Ceeboy you are lucky to be in such a warm zone where you can grow such a great variety of food. If you want to prepare best, sow oats of buchwheat where you want to do your beds, when the plant has grown, turn everything upside down, Next year your soil will be ready to start adding compost and plant seeds.

Thanks for your point of view, I liked reading what you had to say.
 
Most posters I see at farmers' markets are hung on the front of the table or behind the seller. Horizontal looks better on the front of the table. If it is behind the sellers, chances are the farm itself will be not as easy to see since it's so low in the frame.

Sorry, I'm a teacher and too poor to hand out money :)

I am a retired teacher, therefore I need it more. :wink: I've only been to one "real" farmer's market and can't say I saw any posters there....but at one time in my life I did do movie posters (color matched large transparencies for the movie houses). It is my only reference.

Fair enough, I'll give you your dollar back ;) Cool deal about the movie poster gig. Sounds like fun.

Most farmers' markets probably won't have posters at all, but it depends on where it is and maybe how often it runs. I've been to my fair share (I'm a vegetarian, make my own yogurt and bread, do lots of dehydrating of veggies...farmers' markets are right up my alley!) and some are definitely fancier than others, especially the ones that include other vendors that aren't farmers (local bakeries, wineries, cheese-makers...) or ones that might be bigger but less frequent than every weekend.

Our farmer's market is far enough from where we live and we want to show our farm setting, we are doing a yearly open door and want to have more people that come on the farm to get their produce. Hanging a poster in our booth, will invite people to come and see for themselves. We are also doing one fair during the year, so it will have more than one function. Glad to see that you are a farmer's market fan.
 
Hmm... I think I actually prefer this image from your Flickr stream that you didn't post here: 130921_5353 Fall Equinox Sunrise on our Gardens | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

It has foreground interest, background interest, turning trees, rows of farm fields, a nice composition, and it even strategically hides the propane tanks that appear in the other images.

I was not thinking of this one because the tree in the foreground took too much space IMO
but it is true that we see more of the garden itself, thanks!


130921_5353 Fall Equinox Sunrise on our Gardens by MiFleur, Thanks for 400,000 views, on Flickr
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom