Our rescue cat

Designer

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ragdoll adopted from the Ames Animal Shelter. She's 10 years old, and a previous owner had her declawed. We've had her now for three weeks.

IMG_0965 (1).jpg

Now isn't she just precious!

LASER play?

Now isn't she just precious!

LASER play?
In this photo, just at the top margin, is a feather on a string toy.

She does go after a laser pointer.

Oh my goodness, she is beautiful!! :586::586: What is her name?
"Kitzy" I'm not fond of the name, but that is what it is. She was first the companion of an elderly woman who had to give her up to go to a nursing home. Then it was her grandson who already had two cats and there was a lot of tension. Then she spent two months in "jail" at the shelter.

She was not in any way adoptable by most people's standards, but my wife saw the potential. When we got her home, she was a completely different cat, or mostly so. She is still "snappish" at times, but she voluntarily gets onto Linda's lap and follows me around the house like a puppy. Sleeps at the foot of our bed at night and on another bed during the day. She is still overweight, but has lost over a pound of weight since coming to our house.

She is just lately starting to play like a regular cat, and we're learning what kind of play things she prefers.

13/10. would snuggle.

One of her favorite toys is a paper sack. We put the little red balls inside, and she gets them out. Sometimes even when there are no balls in there. :p

DSC_2934 - Version 2.jpg
DSC_2933 - Version 2.jpg
DSC_2935 - Version 2.jpg

Incidentally, we have a couple of car trips planned for this autumn, so we're looking for a cat sitter. We had a look at the boarding "kennel" yesterday (no dogs ever), and I just can't imagine putting her in a box for 10 days.

Still have some ideas for a sitter to come in a couple of times per day.

Or, as I said to my wife; "let's take her with us".

Incidentally, we have a couple of car trips planned for this autumn, so we're looking for a cat sitter. We had a look at the boarding "kennel" yesterday (no dogs ever), and I just can't imagine putting her in a box for 10 days.

Still have some ideas for a sitter to come in a couple of times per day.

Or, as I said to my wife; "let's take her with us".

You could probably change her name and she would get used to it if you use it with her consistently.

If I were closer than 1,100 miles away, I would totally go over and take care of her while you were away. I bet you could harness train her and take her with you!

Beautiful photo of a stunning looking kitty

Most reactions

Back