out of focus

dupek

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have Canon T1i. Every photo I take with manual focus, is out of focus. I try to adjust diopter, but that did not work. Normally, I do not use glasses, but have to use for reading.
Should I use reading glasses for manual focus. In auto focus, all photos are sharp.

Not sure if it's the same with Canons, but when focussing a green dot will appear in the bottom left or right of the display in the viewfinder. When the green dot appears it is in focus.

Last edited:
I have Canon T1i. Every photo I take with manual focus, is out of focus. I try to adjust diopter, but that did not work. Normally, I do not use glasses, but have to use for reading.
Should I use reading glasses for manual focus. In auto focus, all photos are sharp.

Do they look sharp when the camera focuses? I haven't done much manual focus but if you intend to some here might suggest you get one of those lens align cards to test your setup. (I think that's the one)

When the green dot appears it is in focus.

That's pretty cool. :thumbup:

Last edited:
T1i does not have that future. In AF the photos are sharp. I am planning to replace the focusing screen with the split prism one. That will give to me better indication.

Ok first off have you adjusted the diopter correctly? Make sure you've pointed the camera at anything plain (a wall, the sky) and set the focus so that its all out of focus - then turned the diopter wheel until the little black squares in the viewfinder are sharp to your eyes. If there is no setting where the black squares become sharp you might need one of the viewfinder adaptors they make to adjust the diopter further for eyes that need more than average correction.

Most reactions

Back