outdoor c&c

photosoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Sunday, went for a drive looking for some inspiring shots with the leaves changing. what do you think?

4009891140_db0a50446c.jpg

4009127837_e7aa05b9a8_b.jpg

C&C per req:

1. Nice composition, but you were a victim of the time of day. The strong reflected highlights and deep shadows are really detracting from the image. Shooting at a different time of day (early morning, later afternoon are generally the "nicest" light) and using a polarizing filter to eliminate the reflections and reduce the dynamic range would have greatly improved this image.

2. Again a polarizer would have increased the contrast between cloud and sky and boosted the colour saturation of the foliage.

The use of leading lines in both images is well executed, leading the eye right into the image, but there's no definite subject for it to rest on when it gets there.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary

~John

C&C per req:

1. Nice composition, but you were a victim of the time of day. The strong reflected highlights and deep shadows are really detracting from the image. Shooting at a different time of day (early morning, later afternoon are generally the "nicest" light) and using a polarizing filter to eliminate the reflections and reduce the dynamic range would have greatly improved this image.

2. Again a polarizer would have increased the contrast between cloud and sky and boosted the colour saturation of the foliage.

The use of leading lines in both images is well executed, leading the eye right into the image, but there's no definite subject for it to rest on when it gets there.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary

~John
thanks for the input. I def. need a a polarizer and ND filter. No.1 the light glistening off the water was what caught my eye but to recapture closely the light off the water in return created dark shadows otherwise:/ I brought out a little of the color in Photoscape.

btw, what brand is the best way to go for filters?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back