Hyllmark

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are outdoor macro shots i did this fall. C&C welcomed! :D

P1030278.JPG

P1030308-1.JPG

What kind of camera did you use? What kind of setup?

What is the shot information?

The backgrounds are very noisy.

I like the second one better...it's a little more interesting.

What kind of camera did you use? What kind of setup?

What is the shot information?

The backgrounds are very noisy.

I like the second one better...it's a little more interesting.

Well I only have a digital kamera, so the noise can be explained by that. shot information?(sorry i'm new here)

Well I only have a digital kamera, so the noise can be explained by that. shot information?(sorry i'm new here)
he is talking about what camera aperature lens etc.... settings did you use and by noisy i assume he is meaning that the background is busy i.e. too much going on

Samanax, if I may reply in Hyllmark's stead: this is what he told me when I asked him about the camera he uses in another of his threads:

Hyllmark said:
LaFoto: I have an olympus 750, a simple digital kamera. It works, for me;-)

And Hyllmark, although you may well have switched your camera to a so-called "macro" setting, to my mind, these two photos are not macros as such but "close-ups". You got very close to your relatively small subject, but you did not magnify it. A true macro shot would have done that.

They are both very centrally composed (subject VERY in the middle of your photo), which is generally taken as a bit more boring than if you had placed your subject more to the side, and the second, albeit nicer as subject, was taken in too little light for you (and the camera) to manage the situation well. I assume you have the camera on AUTO, so it also chooses what ISO settings it uses for the given situation, and I guess ISO was high (hence the noise), and also the shutter speed, which must have been too long for you to really hold the camera still. I detect some camera shake in the second.

he is talking about what camera aperature lens etc.... settings did you use and by noisy i assume he is meaning that the background is busy i.e. too much going on

Noise is something that happens at high ISOs. Some people call it grain but there is a difference actually. If you look especially in the darker areas of the background you will see the noise it almost looks static like or speckled.

Well I have no idea, as I said i took them last fall, so I don't remember :(
By the way, I am a "she";) But thank you for all of the information! I'm still a noob at this!

Oh. "She" :D Sorry. The handle "Hyllmark" doesn't really say ... :oops:

Hyllmark the image information is saved on the file. I dont know what you use for sorting your images or what have you but if you can right click on the image and check the properties the info should be there. The info that is being looked for is Aperture value or Fstop, Shutter speed most times a fraction or decimal, ISO , Focal Length will generally have a MM after it.

Aperture sets how wide the elements in the lens open up to allow light in

Shutter speed is how long those elements stay open to allow the light in

ISO is bacially the sensitivity setting on the sensor.

Focal length is how far you were zoomed in.

All of these items except focal length will affect your exposure.

Oh, thank you! Will post what I find at the end of the day;)

LaFoto: That allright, I know it doesn't say;)

I like the first shot a lot, but i'm not quite sure why, i think it's the coloring. The second one is also cool but i think the branch gets in the way a little bit. Nice job :)

Thank you, Contegni!
I'm sorry, but I don't have the information! I deleted the original, and the one out on TPF are cropped, and edited :(

Most reactions

Back