Overexposed?

SabrinaO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are promo shots for my next event. A tea party! :sexywink: I love the edits and they look good on my computer. How do they look on yours?

5693546909_c76b384acc_z.jpg

5694117354_f79c682d1a_z.jpg

5693545725_4f31ce7dd9_z.jpg

view more:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photographybysabrina/sets/72157626661749076/

are you both on laptops?

i guess ill fix the exposure. :er: Its just so frustrating because final edits look so perfect my mac desktop... but when i go to my hp laptop or a regular pc they look different. :meh:....

The dappled sunlight looks pretty bad, and I think the white balance is off too, because of it. Because of the dappled sunlight that is.

Your image editing software should be able to indicate what parts of those photos are overexposed (clipped).

They are slightly overexposed this monitor, but honestly, I wouldn't worry if something is overexposed by definition, make sure it looks good to you. Calibrate your monitor and make it look good to your eye

The wb is off how?? I intended for this set to be a litttle warm...
There's nothing I can do about the dappled (spotty?)sunlight... or is there? Does it really look "bad"? If it does... help me see it.

The wb is off how?? I intended for this set to be a litttle warm...
There's nothing I can do about the dappled (spotty?)sunlight... or is there? Does it really look "bad"? If it does... help me see it.

They're not warm -- the opposite. They're cyan. As for dappled sunlight -- best to avoid it unless you have fill along.

flags.jpg

If you look at the luminosity histograms of these images you'll see that they fall short of reaching the left (shadow) corner. They need Levels corrections. I adjusted the one of the flags. I made the Levels correction in Photoshop -- pulled the shadow end slider to the left. I also tweaked the midpoint slider to the left (just a little) and removed the cyan color cast.

You noted you have a MAC desktop and that you also looked at these on a laptop and on PCs. You need a standard for image viewing that you can trust. Never look at a photo on a laptop and try to pass judgment. Your MAC desktop has a basic calibration routine built into the OS -- have you run through that calibration? Go to preference and select Display. Then click on Color and then Calibrate. Do the tone adjustments but stay off the color (right side). If you want you MAC to look like most computers then answer 2.2 to the gamma question.

Joe

I love it when people post stuff like this.

Standard rule... if you ask the question, the answer is yes.

Overexposed? Yes.

Other qualfying questions that fit this model...

Does this picture look like ****? Yes.
Is this too slanted? Yes.
Does this picture make me look like I have a big nose? Yes.

Does this dress make me look fat? Ohhhhhhhhh! Trick question, here. The real answer is not "Yes", but actually... "No, you ARE fat. The dress is just telling the truth."

Wheelah.

i guess ill fix the exposure. :er: Its just so frustrating because final edits look so perfect my mac desktop... but when i go to my hp laptop or a regular pc they look different. :meh:....

Too late you already took the photo, it is not good to have to adjust every shoot in photoshop

Most reactions

Back