Overlook at night

mountainjunkie

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Overall I like the results with this one. If I had it to do over I might have had the wife wear a more neutral colored, or at least darker jacket. (I actually darkened it a bit in LR but this was the best I could do with my skill set thus far).

Thoughts on composition or other C&C?

DSC_0482.jpg

DSC_0482.jpg by matt gates, on Flickr

Last edited:
I like the landscape. Can’t get the image to open larger, but I like a lot about the shot.

Not a fan of the placement of the subject.

Maybe would have been better on the 1/3 to the right. Maybe on the rock with one peck bent higher than the other.

Looking more like she climbed or hiked there. Plus you could see like a 1/4 view of her face a bit to lead your eye at the vista she is admiring?

Not a fan of not seeing her feet, and she is just static with her back to me. That’s a personal preference though.

Really like the colors in the shot myself. The sky is a bit over weighted to the ground though. It takes all of the attention.

I like the landscape. Can’t get the image to open larger, but I like a lot about the shot.

Not a fan of the placement of the subject.

Maybe would have been better on the 1/3 to the right. Maybe on the rock with one peck bent higher than the other.

Looking more like she climbed or hiked there. Plus you could see like a 1/4 view of her face a bit to lead your eye at the vista she is admiring?

Not a fan of not seeing her feet, and she is just static with her back to me. That’s a personal preference though.

Really like the colors in the shot myself. The sky is a bit over weighted to the ground though. It takes all of the attention.

Thanks for the feedback, and I agree in hindsight I should have had her off to one side or the other.

It would be a nice scene without the girl........

It would be a nice scene without the girl........

Yes - sort of splitting my attention between the woman and the vista - not sure which to focus on.

Most reactions

Back