Overwhelmed

sarasphotos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just purchased my first DSLR, nikon d3000 with 18-55mm VR lens and 55-200mm VR lens, sb600 flash. I need tips!

here is my website address: Saras Photography

take a look and let me know what you think on some of the pics posted.

I am having the most trouble understanding ISO/Aperture/Shutter Speed. I also am trying to learn my flash, nikon sb600.

I appreciate any help!! Thanks!

Strongly suggest that you put the thing in Program mode (I would avoid Auto because it does bad things with ISO) and just get familiar with the basics. Shoot, see what the results are, read the book a bit... when you start noticing Program mode failing for you, try to figure out why.

You'll be fine. Take it one step at a time.

Sorry, I'm confused. REALLY confused. You just got a DSLR, don't understand the relationship between the various elements of the exposure triangle, and yet you're purporting to be a wedding photographer? Don't mean to be rude, but I think you have the cart before the horse. Way, way, before the horse!

Stop, learn the basics, and work your way up. Oh, and $1.00 for custom post work on an image? Come on!!

what did you use to take the pictures you already have?

I swear the stuff in this forum is getting more and more odd lately.

^ Last 2 posts above, GREAT questions.

I also wondered about both of those things.

Your prices are reasonable but really, before taking on any paying gigs, I'd make sure I was proficient with the equipment and able to produce consistent good results without getting lucky. That's just me though.

Your question is extremely broad, but manaheim gave you a decent answer.

Awesome, you have a site with photos, a price list, and an awesome list of services.

Some people might say it's a good idea to know what the hell you're doing before you go and try to offer services for cash. But what do they know?!?!

I say double your prices, you deserve it.

Awesome, you have a site with photos, a price list, and an awesome list of services.

Some people might say it's a good idea to know what the hell you're doing before you go and try to offer services for cash. But what do they know?!?!

I say double your prices, you deserve it.

:lol:

To the OP...you need to learn to walk before you can run. "Understanding Exposure" is a good book to start.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back