P & S Camera

vonDrehle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My mom wants a good point and shoot camera (film). I haven't used a p&s in a while and I was wondering what you would suggest. I was hoping to get her something with a fairly large viewfinder. And under $200. She doesn't need much zoom. Just basically for family photos.

Thanks for the help.

I would stick with a good brand name...Canon, Nikon, Minolta, Pentax, etc.

The company that work for recently got a 'Concord' digi-cam and it really sucks.

Look for one with a good screen, a lot of people seem to view the photos on the screen rather than upload them. Size may be a factor as well, if it's easy to carry, it may get used more. Look for a sale, I get tons of junk mail everyday and there are always sales on these cheap digi-cams. Consider getting her a good sized memory card to go with it.

you state film
Theres so many out there and in the end she will need to hold and operate it - go down to a good store and have a play - in the end it will be how it feels to her to operate, hold up to her eye etc.
agree with the make - I purchased a samsung because it had an excellent lens on it - range 37 - 140mm zoom and some creativity controls
http://www.samsungcamera.com/
VEGA 140S - this is the model - but an older version

theres some nice canon digital cameras I'm looking at - the a520 has a good zoom range - the A95 and the IXUS7000

Hi...Getting back into pixing for the second time(almost killed by St. Helens the first time), I fell in love with P&S's....four of them. I think the Samsung was best of cameras including Minolta Freedom, Pentax IQ, & Olympus. But all were very close optically. The small Minolta with its auto point of focus LED framing is spectacular as is the Pentax IQ with its many options. Get the big zooms if you can find them cheaply because the are sharp at all focal lengths. The Olympus is waterproof & very close optically the tthe Samsung, Bye

Most reactions

Back