Pano attempt

bigtwinky

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.pierrebphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm really not a landscape shooter. I shoot music concerts, street photos, headshots. But I was out having fun teaching some photography basics a few nights ago during a sunset and decided to try doing a pano. I have never done one before.
Here is the result. Thoughts?

$pano-1.jpg

I know it's not perfect. I actually wrote a blog entry about it with the issues I had, thoughts and basic tips I figured out for the next time I shoot one
Quick Tip #10: Capturing a scene with panoramas | Pierre B Photo

Not really a 'pano'. Well not what I was thinking at least.

Pano, you usually take 3-5 shots and stitch it together. This looks like it could be done in one?

But after looking again, you did stitch this together. Hmmmmmm....

I like the actual scene, just enough color, and just dark enough. Nicely done.

That is a beautiful shot!

Not really a 'pano'. Well not what I was thinking at least.

Pano, you usually take 3-5 shots and stitch it together. This looks like it could be done in one?

But after looking again, you did stitch this together. Hmmmmmm....

I like the actual scene, just enough color, and just dark enough. Nicely done.

Good point, maybe pano isn't the right choice of words? Each of the shots are at 24mm. And there are 4-5 across, horizontal (should of done vertical). I don't like to think of "the standard is to take 3-5 shots". If I feel I need 120 shots to capture the scene, so be it :) So no way to capture the same image with a single shot. Hence the stitching.

Ok.. .the final output isn't in a panoramic format (very long, not high), but I was going with the combining images is a panorama.. .where my camera pans :)

Makes sense now :)

Just watch when stitching, if you look closely at the horizon you can see it misaligned? Unless that piece is suppose to stick out a tad bit? Right under the sun to the left. Where the water meets. Or are my eyes playing tricks on me haha

It might no be a wide aspect ratio print, but even on-screen the VERY HIGH RESOLUTION look is there!!! The photo has a lot of detail in the distance, something that a single-frame capture shrunk down to that small a size would be lacking. Always good seeing you around, Pierre!

Pierre...I like the way you did your pano -- the scene you pick is really perfect and wanting to be shown. That you did not make the water milky is a plus as I am not a fan of low exposure. My only nit is that little dust bunny in the middle of your shot. It is not a cloud if you look at it closely.

Alignment issues at the top LHS too, and there seems to be some weird dark patches at the top in the sky. Its a nice scene though, well composed and pretty cool.

Makes sense now :)

Just watch when stitching, if you look closely at the horizon you can see it misaligned? Unless that piece is suppose to stick out a tad bit? Right under the sun to the left. Where the water meets. Or are my eyes playing tricks on me haha

yeah, that was totally my bad in just panning my camera on my ball head as it was set, which was slightly at an angle. So not all shots were easy to align. Need to take a bit more time next time I shoot

It might no be a wide aspect ratio print, but even on-screen the VERY HIGH RESOLUTION look is there!!! The photo has a lot of detail in the distance, something that a single-frame capture shrunk down to that small a size would be lacking. Always good seeing you around, Pierre!

Thanks Derrel.. .good to see you still lurking around the boards as well :)

Pierre...I like the way you did your pano -- the scene you pick is really perfect and wanting to be shown. That you did not make the water milky is a plus as I am not a fan of low exposure. My only nit is that little dust bunny in the middle of your shot. It is not a cloud if you look at it closely.

Hmm... my gear is cleaned monthly, mainly due to the abuse I put it through in my show photography. I'm not seeing the dust spot though :/

Most reactions

New Topics

Back