BuS_RiDeR

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
mdlphotography.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Comments and suggestions welcome...

It was an overcast day. I did no PP to the image other than stitching it together...

I only used three shots; since its my first attempt.

One of the seams is apparent... but that may be the clouds as well... I can't be sure.

Pano%2520First%2520Attempt.jpg

OK. Yes one seam. I'm just starting pans myself. I got lots of seams and then very few. Don't know why.

Also try it with vertical rotation with more images.

Keep blasting away and send in more!

I too was playing with pano's a bit on two different cameras...they are fun.

Both seams are visible, in the sky, the land, and the water, it's not the clouds. What did you use to stitch them together, automated or manually?

OK. Yes one seam. I'm just starting pans myself. I got lots of seams and then very few. Don't know why.

Also try it with vertical rotation with more images.

Keep blasting away and send in more!

Thank you for your input. I don't have a bracket that will allow me to rotate my camera on my tripod and maintain the axis. I am planning to get one though. That is the main reason I stayed with landscape orientation for the time being.

I too was playing with pano's a bit on two different cameras...they are fun.

Both seams are visible, in the sky, the land, and the water, it's not the clouds. What did you use to stitch them together, automated or manually?

I used the Panorama software that came with my camera; Canon PhotoStitch. I use Gimp for most of my PP.... and might try thie plug in called Pandora.

It's a great start! Keep working on it. If you're going to take the time and effort do to it try and make sure it on something you really like. Stitching and cloning and doing the overall processing is time consuming. It should be on something you really like.

Get some better software like Photoshop Elements. It will do a better job stitching images together. I have done some stitching as man as 30 photo together for a single image. Can be used for panos or just making a bigger sharper image when the size is reduced. PanoramaPlus from Serif is also a good cheaper program that works great. I basically got into the stitching because my camera was just a 5mp cam and if I wanted larger images to print I had to put multiple images together. I also noticed the benefits of doing it in small details in the image when the photo is reduced. Oh, you can also do the stitching with photoshop, but their elements tend to do a better job. One thing to remember as well is if you have more than one program that will do stitching then try it on both. Sometimes for an unknown reason one set of images may stitch better in one software package better than the other. Likely to do with the elements in the photographs.

This shot is not a beautiful shot. I thought it special because it's from and old dead amusement water park between Las Vegas and Los Angeles. This was the entrance to the partk and the actual finished image is huge and loooong. LOL. The park has been gone for about twenty plus years. All that remains are the buildings. Even the lake has been sealed (capped) and dried up.
rockahoola203.jpg

This one is four images tall and six images wide that were stitched together... total images used were over 30... gotta make sure you go higher and wider than you need for cropping purposes and to make sure you get everything you need. Give yourself about a 25% overlap on each image and let the software put the images together.
ny-ny002Panorama_PostProc2.jpg

This one is about four tall and five wide.
statue_100-1.jpg

Here's just one more done using the same method.
ballys_001.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back