Parking in the Rear

Ysarex

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got out for a walk this afternoon and I walked through the alley behind the Plaza Apartments on S. Kingshighway. They have free parking for the tenants in the rear, but it looks like no one was home today. The parking garage was empty.

Joe

free_parking_zps8879b300.jpg

Or, they took the message to heart. I like the way you framed the shot, with the houses visible in the doorways. Was it all natural light, or did you give a little flash for the garage?

I like this one. It is a bit of "urban" photography with a bit of "journalism" thrown in. The message says it all and the fact that you have been able to capture the two parts of the houses through the doorway adds to the imagery.

WesternGuy

Thanks, glad you both like it.

Pgriz, no flash, just the available light. I knew I was setting myself up for some processing work. I used the camera's AEL function to take a few brackets going after enough exposure for the roof and yet still holding the highlights through the doors. Here's the SOOC camera JPEG from my best exposure:

parking_sooc_zpsda209484.jpg

I processed the raw capture through Photo Ninja which allowed me to hold all the detail and then I masked the doors on a dupe layer in Photoshop and used a Multiply blend to bring them down.

Joe

Wow, quite a big difference between what you started with and the end result. Makes me appreciate your final image even more. And makes me want to learn to process images like that!

Wow, quite a big difference between what you started with and the end result. Makes me appreciate your final image even more. And makes me want to learn to process images like that!

Thanks.

That's not exactly what I started with in that it's the crashed-and-burned JPEG the camera software created. The highlight detail is in the raw capture. Normally I would avoid situations like this (lazy), but that spray painted sign on the wall along with that ceiling was just too tempting.

Joe

Most reactions

Back