Heya Daniel, you have such birds arrive in your garden, living "wild", just like blackbirds and sparrows would come to my garden!? :shock: Wow! I would feel like wanting to take their photos, too! I only ever see them in zoos or bird parks, captive! Never in the WILD! Too cool.
Sorry, no idea as to what they are called.
I agree with Marcus on all things he said, a) that the second photo is better because that big, bright tree trunk is not there, b) that there are still too many elements there in the second photo and c) that the lenses we usually have usually are too short for any kind of decent bird photography.... :roll:
Now I am not sure if I am seeing a digital photo here, or a digitalised photo from film or print (scanned)? And I am not sure there is enough sharpness and resolution on the parrots to maybe create a crop just so more bird can be shown and less trees and branches and twigs? Have you ever tried?