What's new

Pastels and Watercolors (and a few other art media)

Therapeutic?
I started oil painting when I was about 9, I guess. Many years ago I took an oil painting class at the community college and had to have a completed painting each week. Soon, thereafter I didn't pick up a brush for many years. I quickly learned that, other than math classes, there is more work required for art.
 
Therapeutic?
I started oil painting when I was about 9, I guess. Many years ago I took an oil painting class at the community college and had to have a completed painting each week. Soon, thereafter I didn't pick up a brush for many years. I quickly learned that, other than math classes, there is more work required for art.
Yes. It was for me. But my only education in the art came from Bob Ross on TV. As you probably know he was one chilled dude.
I did study some art history in college. Enjoyed that tremendously.
 
Yes. It was for me. But my only education in the art came from Bob Ross on TV. As you probably know he was one chilled dude.
I did study some art history in college. Enjoyed that tremendously.
I liked my art classes in college, which included some art history, but as a lone topic I had a dry time of it. Too bad, because I'm generally an enthusiastic learner of art. Being handed a sheet of nothing but dates and works to memorize was a turnoff.

I like your piece! Very abstract design. I applaud anyone who can do a nice abstract like this.

Feel free to add more! :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom