- Joined
- Dec 9, 2006
- Messages
- 23,950
- Reaction score
- 16,271
- Location
- Somewhere in Maine
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
- Thread Starter 🔹
- Moderator 🛠️
- #1,201
I like that a lot.
Love it! I like geometry and angles in abstracts - somehow, it makes it closer to representational art. And your palette here is terrific. The watercolor crayons look great!Is it abstract? Maybe. The snapshot could use better lighting.
Using the Crayola watercolors - blue, some green, some purple, and red. Dabbing cool colors wet-on-wet using a smooth sponge. Red area was masked with tape, then painted with a #6 round brush when the rest was relatively dry.
View attachment 279815
I like that a lot.
Me too! I think the way have it oriented gives the best balance to the piece.
It's a lovely work.

Here's my "abstract." The canvas is 6x8", re-tooled from being a former test canvas when I was playing with various textured backgrounds for another project. The blue center is Golden Coarse Pumice gel medium, painted Cobalt teal and turquoise. It had two strips of painted paper on either side that I was thinking about for a border on that project, and that's what needed to be covered up and obliterated.
I finally tried with another medium, this time Golden Fiber Paste. It gets applied with a palette knife. Fun! I also put a dollop of it in the center of the blue pumice for this abstract challenge. And then just painted the other circles on top of the fiber paste to get some kind of design.
A wip picture:
View attachment 279874
And then painted the rest and added outlines, changing the orientation and messing around with the various circle sizes. The black outlines were done with a Tombow marker, and a PITA given all the textures to bump over.
View attachment 279875
Fun project! I'm never comfortable with abstract, so I resort to loud colors and textures. There ya go.![]()

Why, yes - yes, we did.Did somebody say cake?