PENTAX Ranked #1 in Buyer Satisfaction

Not in the slightest. Those are just the facts. I have a Canon S90 and love it. If you read closely, I wasn't knocking Canikons at all. Why people feel so compelled to stick up for their preferred camera system by spouting things like Rex and others write is beyond me (unless Canon/Nikon is paying them).

GnipGnop said:
The weather sealing in Pentax's K-5 and K-30 are equal to the weather sealing you get in a 1D series Canon or similar Nikon.
The sensor Pentax uses in the K-5 is the same as the D7000, yet the Pentax manages to get more dynamic range out of the sensor. In fact, it has more dynamic range than the Canon 5d MKII as base ISO.
The new Pentax K-5ii can autofocus in -3EV.
You also have access to the excellent prime lenses Pentax makes (the limited), as well as over 25 million legacy lenses and their pro series DA* lenses.
The K5 is also rated as the top APS-C sensor.

If you don't know what you're talking about, please stop feeding people with misinformation.

Is somebody thing through buyer's remorse, trying to justify the purchase maybe? ;) jk

Certainly no buyer's remorse here. I've owned a string of Canon bodies including the 5D2. When I moved to digital medium format I sold my Canon gear. I bought a K5 as a backup to a 645D. The K5 has better dynamic range than the 5D2 or any of the present Canon bodies for that matter, built in interval timers (Canons don't), internal image stabilization (Canon's don't), optional GPS tracking for night sky photography (no other brand). So, when you glibly poke fun at Pentax, you should have your facts straight.

Well, at the very least we know the Pentax buyer is a happy individual.

Basically I am a Leica User - with Leicas in the family since 1937. As a kid used Rolleiflex TLRs, my own Yashica 635 TLR (120 roll film + 35 mm cassette), owned some of these SLRs at one point in time or the other - Nikon, Pentax, Pentacon & Minolta.
This January while in Toronto saw a Pentax K-5 with the Pentax 18-135 WR Lens for CAD 1108 (CAD almost equals USD) with Henry's. My son bought it for me. What an awesome camera & lens - blows away all the Nikons and Canons.
I have attached a recent photo taken with this combo.
This camera and lens has the best weather sealing in an all metal body - see US Army experiment in Afghanistan. And it is also the smallest in size.
Regards. Bipin - from that far away enchanting land.

Attachments

• $IMGP0863.JPG
    $IMGP0863.JPG
    400.5 KB · Views: 181
I agree with Fjrabon about self-selection, but with a spin. I think you also have to take into account the expectations and prior experience of the raters. I would assume more professionals are choosing Nikon and Canon, and their expectations may be higher. They may be annoyed with what they consider slow focusing, or even slightly off auto focusing, where someone coming from a point and shoot might not notice a problem. I remember being puzzled by occasional Consumer Reports auto ratings. Sometimes a Dodge would rate higher in performance than a BMW, for example. A friend explained to me that for people who buy Dodges (I had one at the time) if it starts when you turn it on and stops when you step on the brake, there is no problem. But for people who know BMW's, if the engine goes roooooooooom instead of ruuuuuuuuuuum, it needs a tuneup. That being said, the Pentax may still be the better performer.

Most reactions

Back