Photo as a christmas present?

echoyjeff222

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was thinking about getting a couple of my friends small 4x6 shots that I took awhile back. They are out of state students, so a picture of the water/sea will remind them of home. Does this sound like a good idea? If so, should I frame it?

Thanks!

I say yes. We used to live in the Seattle area and miss it greatly and if one of our friends took some shots of the Cascades, Olympics or the beaches, we'd love it! Any gift from the heart is better than any store bought _____.

Not to sound funny but you will know if it's a good idea once the open it. I say take a chance give them a photo of yours as a gift and if you loose your friendship because of it then either get new friends or stop taking photos. :)

You will frame it/them...yes?

Yeah, I am thinking about framing it ... should I use cardboard or wood?

I was thinking about giving them this one ...

7712080806_2494d4bed0.jpg

I'd throw in a little note that says something like, "Just something to remind you of home".

I'd throw in a little note that says something like, "Just something to remind you of home".
exactly what i was thinking! good idea :)

Framing it is a good idea, right?

Framing it is an awesome idea. I know I would love getting a photo from one of my good friends!

I sent a male friend a framed photo of my wedding tackle, he laughed.

Yeah, I am thinking about framing it ... should I use cardboard or wood?

That all depends on how big this will be. If it's an 8X10 then a simple wood frame would be nice. Anything smaller and cardboard should be fine.

i already feel pretentious enough gifting someone one of my own shots to begin with (even when they asked for it), i couldn't imagine handing them just a print. definitely frame it.

nice shot though, and good sentiment with trying to remind them of home.

Definitely go bigger than a 4x6. 8x10 at least and consider going bigger.

Often, when talking about people's impressions of photos/images...their amazement is directly tied to the size.

Definitely go bigger than a 4x6. 8x10 at least and consider going bigger.

Often, when talking about people's impressions of photos/images...their amazement is directly tied to the size.

Mike, I didn't want to get a big print because I wanted to just give them something to put in their dorm room that doesn't take too much space ... 4x6 seemed ideal to place on a drawer or whatnot. 8x10 seemed a bit ... too obtrusive?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back