Photo editing software

rtmcc5

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,
I just stepped up from point and shoot to a new D90. For the little time I have had to play with it I love it!
We have been doing all our photo work with basic iPhoto. I know we need to step up in our software. The main reason for the new camera was to use it to take promotional pictures of our cattle and livestock for both web and print applications. For an example of some of the photos we use check our web site at SALE RING
I need something with the "clone brush" or something similar to remove some unwanted fence posts or lead ropes and smooth out some rough edges on the calves.
I know Photo Shop is the gold standard for this but a little out of budget right now. I have tried GIMP and hated it. I used the trial version of Aperture 3 and found it relatively easy to work with. I have thought about PS Elements.
What would you suggest on a Mac platform and a cowboy's budget?

Thanks for your help!

Ron
:sexywink:

PaintShop Pro is now available for Mac- it was an excellent program on Windows platforms; might be worth downloading a trial of that.

If you can afford it, adobe lightroom 3 is an AMAZING piece of software.... if not, then Photoshop Elements will serve you just fine. Before I got Photoshop CS5, I used Elements, and I'm also using a Mac. I don't have a single complaint about the software, and it is well worth $100.

Apple Aperture 3.
It's very easy to learn and has everything you will need to do the editing you require. I use it for quick editing.
There is a free trial at apple.com.

For your needs Adobe Photoshop Elements, or Corel's Paint Shop Pro is the answer.

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom doesn't have the selection and/or cloning tools you say you need.

Last edited:
Apple Aperture 3.
It's very easy to learn and has everything you will need to do the editing you require. I use it for quick editing.
There is a free trial at apple.com.

gryphonslair99
Quote: Originally Posted by tirediron
PaintShop Pro is now available for Mac- it was an excellent program on Windows platforms; might be worth downloading a trial of that.
Ok, what am I missing here? Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3 - Photo Editing Software

I believe you mean this: http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satelli.../1166553885783. A little on the expensive side new.

Thanks gruphonslair. I thought it was just me that couldn't see the mac version of Paint Shop. I'll have to check into the other program.

Most reactions

Back