Photo Printer

danalec99

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I had raised this query before...

Could anyone suggest a good photo printer?

Jeff Canes said:
Costco 1 hour digital mini-lab $0.20of 4x6 and $1.99 for 8x12, can’t beat that

wow....on what paper do they do that??

Costco doesn't do a great jopb at developing so I would not suggest them for that. I am not sure how good their quality is for printing from your negatives. Remember that lower cost isn't always better.

Epson photo printers are hard to beat.

Generally speaking, there is a wide selection and cost factor, so figure out what you can and can't live without, and compare prices of similar features on different models. Then shop around.

JPPLAY said:
Costco doesn't do a great jopb at developing so I would not suggest them for that. I am not sure how good their quality is for printing from your negatives. Remember that lower cost isn't always better.

Thanks, but I do not have a film camera! Are they good with the digital prints?

terri said:
Epson photo printers are hard to beat.

Generally speaking, there is a wide selection and cost factor, so figure out what you can and can't live without, and compare prices of similar features on different models. Then shop around.

Good.. I have heard good stuff about Epson as well.

Lately Canon has been promoting couple of new models. Is it a healthy competitor?

k... thanks

Just one more q;

can we do 'normal' printing, (i.e., on a normal 8"x11" printing paper ) with a photo printer?

Or is it strictly dedicated for flossy/matt photo paper?

Depends on what you want to do. I have read great reviews of Costco printing of digital images. Well only if you can get the color management profile for the local Costco printer from www.drycreekphoto.com . I will be testing this out myself this weekend.

I have heard great things about the Espon 2200 as well. I kind of boils down to the color management.

I'll wait for your test review! :)

I have an older Epson (785 EPX) photo printer, and it can print regular documents just fine. The price of doing so is a bit steep(photo quality ink cartridges cost more), but if you don't want the hassle, or don't have the space, or money for two separate printers, then yes you can print regular docs from a photo printer.

drlynn said:
I have an older Epson (785 EPX) photo printer, and it can print regular documents just fine. The price of doing so is a bit steep(photo quality ink cartridges cost more), but if you don't want the hassle, or don't have the space, or money for two separate printers, then yes you can print regular docs from a photo printer.

I did not quite get it; did you mean to say it i advisable to get two printers, each for its own functions??

Geronimo said:
I have heard great things about the Espon 2200 as well. I kind of boils down to the color management.

Do you know Epson 2200's rival in the Canon family?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back