Photo shopping a fence out should it stay or go?

yahgiggle

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took this image some time back and have decided to remove the fence, what do you guys think should i keep it or not? and if so do you think it needs more work where the fence used to be?

$DSC_6423editsmall.jpg $DSC_6423small.jpg

you do this yourself?

I like the bottom one. Nice saturation.

I prefer it without the fence, but now all the chickens have disappeared.

Yes remove the fence, it looks ok. But you left the fence on the hill.

Not the greatest job of removing it, here.

Advice: When grabbing a clonestamp source, always choose one that's as far away as you can possibly get from the area you're going to paint, but still the correct texture/lighting.
If you grab something right next to the area you're painting, the patterns will be close enough to be obvious repeats, like the dozens of blades of grass that jump out at you here as being identical and an inch away from each other. If you had grabbed grass from far left to clone the posts on the right, and vice versa, it wouldn't show up like that. Same goes for anything cloned ever. Only grab nearby textures if they are very smooth and consistent and not uniquely identifiable.

Unrelated: The image feels a little snapshot-y. I would suggest a much wider aperture when the background is as unimportant as this. Basically as wide as you can get while leaving the house still in focus throughout. In other words, when the focus is the HOUSE, not the land around it at all, like this, treat it more like a portrait than as a landscape.

yes, there's a lot of redundant pattern that isn't natural. Cloning takes effort. I say leave the fence, clone out the wire!!!

Another cloning trick: make a duplicate of the image, and mirror it. Clone from the mirrored image to your original.

Compositionally I think it actually works better with the fence. The only reason being that there is a repeating element (the other fence on the hill).

I would desaturate it quite a bit to add to the dramatic menacing feel.

I think you did a pretty good job removing the fence. Im not sure what I like more. I guess my post is no help other than good cloning job.

I'm not sure which I like more. The condition of the fence doesn't match the condition of the house though. Seems too new compared to the house, which throws me off a little. But I like both shots.

Most reactions

Back