Photo shopping a fence out should it stay or go?

Not the greatest job of removing it, here.

Advice: When grabbing a clonestamp source, always choose one that's as far away as you can possibly get from the area you're going to paint, but still the correct texture/lighting.
If you grab something right next to the area you're painting, the patterns will be close enough to be obvious repeats, like the dozens of blades of grass that jump out at you here as being identical and an inch away from each other. If you had grabbed grass from far left to clone the posts on the right, and vice versa, it wouldn't show up like that. Same goes for anything cloned ever. Only grab nearby textures if they are very smooth and consistent and not uniquely identifiable.

Unrelated: The image feels a little snapshot-y. I would suggest a much wider aperture when the background is as unimportant as this. Basically as wide as you can get while leaving the house still in focus throughout. In other words, when the focus is the HOUSE, not the land around it at all, like this, treat it more like a portrait than as a landscape.

Thanks for the tips some of what you said is how i was starting to remove the fence just by working that out anyway but its good to have someone backup what i was doing, this shot
was taken some time ago and its not my best work because of that, but i do like the old house and think it was a good tool to brush up my skills on photo shop.

heres a update on the edit

$DSC_6423editsmall1.jpg

So far all the talk is about whether you think the picture looks better with or without the fence.
The thread title asks if it should be removed, which to me is an entirely different thing.
So I'm gonna muse about that.
Personally, I wouldn't take it out, but that's just my opinion.
I suppose there was a time in the not too distant past when the fence did not exist, therefore a shot without the fence could have been taken, I mean its not like its 5 pylons and 10 miles of cable, or that it forms a hugely significant element in the picture.
The fact the fence has been removed retrospectively, doesn't seem entirely above board but it isn't the end of the World either..:)

Most reactions

Back