Photo taken with 10-22 E-FS and 20D

darich

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.darich.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I know some of you have been looking for a shot taken with the above kit. I've been busy but eventually managed to get one today.
It's the William Wallace Monument in Stirling and I took the shots from approx 15feet from the base of the monument

Technical details : 1/160, F/7.1, ISO 400. Shot in sRGB mode.
Straight from camera with no photoshop other than adjusting the size

The attached link is approx 180kb but the full size image is approx 3.3mb.

Wallace Monument

If anyone wants a full size image then let me know and I can email it. I took several and can email them but when you've seen one you've seen them all!!!

hello there. any chance we could see a couple more examples of your 10-22?

cheers!

There is some vignetting but not much can be done about that as far as a i know. I can't remember if i was using a filter. if i was it was a standard polarizer and not a slimline one for a wide angle lens.

i do have a few more shots but they're of a reconstructed room from years ago taken at an old mine i was at a few weeks ago. They don't really give a good idea of the viewing angle but i can post them anyway.

I'm at work just now but i can post a couple tonight.

There is minimal/no distortion like that seen in a fish eye lens but the verticals converge quite significantly.
I suppose you could argue that the congerging vertical are a fish eye effect but there is no MAJOR distortion of the image as you can see from the Wallace Monument shot.
You do get some funny results when taking shots of people - I took a couple of shots of my girlfriend and she didin't know what the lens would do. I was quite close to her when i took them and she almost fell out with me when she saw them!!!
Great fun!!:lol:

Most reactions

Back