Photographer photographs her own wedding

I thought the Nikon Df was the epitome of Hipster ?

99 times out of 100 I would agree but actually, viewing these, I think they are good. I dislike the contemporary fad for what I view as kitsch faux-documentary type wedding photos, but I like these - I think it worked.

wellllllllllllll, they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To me, the results aren't even remotely close to being better than most wedding photos. Just some hipsters shooting their hipster wedding with their hipster camera...

There not 'better' than (formal) wedding shots - of course not. A professional set of pictures (Bronica, Hassleblad medium-format) is still the benchmark. The digital era hasn't challenged or surpassed that IMO.

One from mine, "Watch what your doing with that ridding cane" :biggrin-new:

IMG_2334-XL.jpg

One from mine, "Watch what your doing with that ridding cane" :biggrin-new:

IMG_2334-XL.jpg

maybe its just me. (its probably me)
but seriously...this is 100 times better than any picture I saw from the OP's link....

There not 'better' than (formal) wedding shots - of course not. A professional set of pictures (Bronica, Hassleblad medium-format) is still the benchmark. The digital era hasn't challenged or surpassed that IMO.

The medium is the message? I don't think the format dictates the quality of the content.

I really liked the set. I mean sure, they are not traditional wedding photos everyone is used to, but to them they wanted photos to remember their day in their own way and I think they accomplished that. The bride didn't want posed beauty shots or a bunch of post-processed images and she got what she wanted. Everyone isn't going to agree when it comes to photography because we all have our own taste, but some of them were pretty interesting to me.

I actually think it's brillant. It's very artsy. I pretty much love everything with an aesthetic of the moment, the instantaneous which I know is very contemporary and proper to our generation. An act of living, an attempt to fix the spontaneous, the spur of the moment, the elusive. She did a pretty good job, an the most important thing, I believe, is that she had a better connection than any photographer would have had with the subject. If they were mine, I would cherish more than any pro photo, even if they are not as impressive.

Last edited:
I think that was a better set than the one in the OP, actually. They were well done, and if it were me, I'd be much happier with pictures like that then with a professional photographer. The thing about big events like that is they often go by in such a blur. It's hard to remember the little details, and those are exactly the things that I would want to remember because the big emotion is often in those little details. I don't know if I would trust someone else to tell me which details I want to remember. (Correction - I definitely would not trust someone else to choose the important details.) That woman took pictures of all the little things that struck her as special on her special day - the cat, breakfast, the look on her new husband's face as he beckons her to the car - and when she looks back on the day, she gets to remember them all over again. If they relied solely on the professional photographer, they'd get possibly more technically correct photos, posed and "perfect" and maybe some close-ups of the rings and candids of the reception, but all the little things about the day would be blurred and gone.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back