Photography AA degree $46000.00 ??? with a "Free $700.00 Nikon" -- THOUGHTS PLEASE ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dahrol, do you have any local colleges/universities that have a photography program? Aside from AI?

They all promise the same thing as the AI...

Have you toured them as well? There sometimes *can* be a problem transferring credits if need be, which should be taken into account. FInancially AI doesn't make sense over the other schools, but if money isn't an issue then thats whatever. Lastly you should compare the instructors as well as the actual equipment each one offers, I'm sure those aren't the same in each. One might be better, or have professors in the same line of work that you want to get into that would benefit you more.

Dahrol, do you have any local colleges/universities that have a photography program? Aside from AI?

They all promise the same thing as the AI...

Have you toured them as well? There sometimes *can* be a problem transferring credits if need be, which should be taken into account. FInancially AI doesn't make sense over the other schools, but if money isn't an issue then thats whatever. Lastly you should compare the instructors as well as the actual equipment each one offers, I'm sure those aren't the same in each. One might be better, or have professors in the same line of work that you want to get into that would benefit you more.

I've gotten advice from several of my friends, some for it, some skeptical, but they agree at the end of the day that college (whatever form it may be) is really what you make of it, that success is determinant upon you, and only you.

I'm not looking for something that's gonna transfer, and I'm not looking for a degree. I'm looking for the experience. I've said that like 10 times before, but some in this thread don't get the memo, which is why I stopped caring about half of their responses. It's like arguing with a cat with some at this point.

If I want a 4 year college, then I'm going to go for political science or something that isn't of the arts. That's a distant goal, but not a current one.

Contrary to some of the judgmentally aloof in this thread, I'm not drowning in loans, and the payments are actually fairly manageable. I've been working on this process for close to a month, and nothing is finalized, so if I choose to, I can stop it at any time.

I've thought it all through, and it's a risk, just like everything else I would decide to do at this point in time. It all depends on how much you believe in your own ability that will determine what success you obtain.

If you can manipulate your environment to suit your goals and achievements, then you succeed not only at what you're trying to accomplish, but at life.

For that, it takes far more than piece of paper, but an experience that you feel will give you the room and determination to make something fruitful out of that experience.

I've thought it all through, and it's a risk, just like everything else I would decide to do at this point in time.

No, silly, it's not just any old risk. It's a measurably stupid risk that, at it's heart, is basically just a legal scam.

Maybe those of us in this thread whom you think are "judgmentally aloof" are just tired of your insufferable ignorance. Ever thought of that, smart guy?

You think you're the man with the plan. You're going to manipulate the world to suit you. You're gonna set the world on fire with your Associates from AI.

Newsflash buddy: you're a sucker.

If thats how you feel, the do you even need the schooling? Just take that attitude and get REAL LIfE experience...

This reminds me of the old saying in poker.

A "fish" in poker is basically an unexperienced player that's usually easy money for the better players.

The saying goes:

"If you don't know who the fish at the table is, you are the fish." I don't think Dahrol knows who the fish is.

brofc6a7c783693.jpg

Man, I don't know how you can think that Ai gives you a "college experience". DUDE I F*CKING WENT THERE FOR A YEAR, LISTEN TO WHAT I'M SAYING. 6 out of the 70 people that started in my particular class graduated. SIX. Who do you think you're going to network with? They will either drop out, or do what I did and transfer to another school to finish their education somewhere else.

Speaking from experience, learn from my fail, and DON'T F*CKING GO TO THE ART INSTITUTE. If you want a "college experience" where you can network with people, go to a state school.

I'm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back